Lincoln County School District (Oregon)
|Lincoln County School District|
|Type and location|
|Location||Lincoln County, Oregon|
|Asst. Superintendent||Sara Johnson|
12 regular schools
4 public charter schools
|NCES District ID||4107500|
|Students and staff|
|Athletic Conference||Oregon School Activities Association|
|Total Population Under 18||9,547|
|Guiding Philosophy||Continuous Improvement|
|Mission||To develop passionate learners and responsible citizens.|
|Information||Encompasses about 1,000 square miles|
The Lincoln County School District is a public school district in the U.S. state of Oregon. The district serves the communities of Yachats, Waldport, Eddyville, Newport, Siletz, Lincoln City and Toledo. The district spans roughly 55 miles of the central Oregon Coast from Cascade Head south to Cape Perpetua.
Over half of the students in the district qualify for free or reduced lunch.
- Lincoln City Career Technical High School
- Newport High School
- Taft High School
- Toledo High School
- Waldport High School
Middle/junior high schools
- Isaac Newton Magnet School (shares campus with Newport Intermediate School)
- Newport Preparatory Academy (shares campus with Newport High School)
- Taft Middle School (shares campus with Taft High School)
- Toledo Junior High School (shares campus with Toledo High School)
- Crestview Heights School (Waldport) (K-8)
- Taft Elementary School (Lincoln City) (K-6)
- Oceanlake Elementary School (Lincoln City) (K-6)
- Sam Case Elementary (Newport) (K-3)
- Newport Intermediate School (Newport) (4-6)
- Toledo Elementary School (Toledo) (K-6)
- As per email on 2011-12-14 from Laurie Urquhart, Superintendent/Board Secretary.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Lincoln County School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 2011-12-14.
- "Count of homeless students in Oregon school districts, 2008-2009". The Oregonian. p. 6. Retrieved 2009-09-18.
|This Oregon school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|