|Founded||October 5, 1889, as Lincoln Daily Courier|
|Headquarters||206 S. Chicago Street,
Lincoln, Illinois 62656, United States
The Lincoln Courier is the only local daily newspaper for Lincoln, Illinois, and its surrounding circulation area, which centers on Logan County. The newspaper is owned by Fairport, New York-based GateHouse Media.
Founded as the Lincoln Daily Courier in 1889, the newspaper through the years absorbed several other dailies based in Lincoln, such as the Daily Star (founded c. 1911 as The Lincoln Morning Star) and The Daily News-Herald, which itself dated back to The Daily News (October 20, 1890} and The Lincoln Weekly Herald (c. 1855).
- "About Lincoln Daily Courier". Chronicling America. Library of Congress. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
- Editor & Publisher. "GateHouse Completes $380 Million Purchase of Copley Midwest Papers". Retrieved 2007-04-13.
- "About The Lincoln Morning Star". Chronicling America. Library of Congress. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
- "About The Daily News". Chronicling America. Library of Congress. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
- "About The Lincoln Weekly Herald". Chronicling America. Library of Congress. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
|This article about an Illinois newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|