Lincoln Financial Media
|Owner||Lincoln National Corporation|
Lincoln Financial Media is a subsidiary of Lincoln National Corporation that owns radio stations in the United States. The division was formed in 2006 following the company's acquisition of Jefferson-Pilot's television and radio operations, which were renamed Lincoln Financial Media.
The group owns 14 radio stations in Miami, Florida, San Diego, California, Denver, Colorado, and Atlanta, Georgia. It also owned WBT, WBT-FM, and WLNK (FM) in Charlotte, NC and WBTV, the CBS affiliate in Charlotte; WCSC-TV, the CBS affiliate in Charleston, South Carolina and WWBT, the NBC affiliate in Richmond, Virginia.
In June 2007, the company publicly announced it would explore a sale of this division, and hired Merrill Lynch to assess its strategic options. On November 12, 2007, Raycom Media announced that it would acquire Lincoln Financial Media's three television stations, along with the Lincoln Financial Sports division (which was folded into Raycom Sports) for $583 million. The acquisition was completed in April 2008. 
On December 8, 2014, Entercom announced its intent to acquire the remainder of Lincoln Financial Media for $110 million and working capital. To comply with ownership limits, Entercom will divest one of its existing stations in Denver.
- WAXY (AM)/WAXY-FM (790 AM/104.3 FM) - Sports talk
- WLYF (101.5 FM) - Adult contemporary
- WMXJ (102.7 FM) - Oldies
San Diego, California
- KSON/KSOQ (97.3 FM, 92.1 FM) - Country
- KBZT (94.9 FM) - Alternative rock
- KIFM (98.1 FM) - Easy listening
- KRWZ (950 AM) - Oldies
- KEPN (1600 AM) - Sports talk
- KKFN (104.3 FM) - Sports talk
- KQKS (107.5 FM) - Rhythmic contemporary
- KYGO (98.5 FM) - Country
- WBTW-TV - Florence, South Carolina (now owned by Media General)
- WBIG (1470 AM) - Greensboro, North Carolina (signed off)
- WBIG-FM - (102.1 FM) Greensboro, North Carolina (now WJMH)
- WBT and WBT-FM (1110 AM, 99.3 FM) (now owned by Greater Media)
- WLNK (107.9 FM) (now owned by Greater Media)
- WBTV (CBS) - Charlotte, North Carolina (now owned by Raycom Media)
- WWBT (NBC) - Richmond, Virginia (now owned by Raycom)
- WCSC (CBS) - Charleston, South Carolina (now owned by Raycom)
- KNSN (1240 AM) - San Diego, California (now owned by Multi Cultural Broadcasting Inc.)
Lincoln Financial Sports
Lincoln Financial Sports, originally Jefferson-Pilot Sports, produced and syndicated college sports events of the Southeastern Conference, and co-produced Atlantic Coast Conference sporting events with Raycom Sports. It also produced telecasts of pre-season games of the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League, and in the 1980s, syndicated coverage of the NASCAR Winston Cup races at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- "Raycom Grabs Lincoln Financial Stations". Broadcasting Cable. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "Raycom Media Completes Lincoln Financial Stations Acquisition". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "Entercom swallows Lincoln Financial Media". Denver Post. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "Lincoln Financial Group Announces Sale of Television, Sports, and Charlotte Radio Properties". Lincoln Financial Group. 2007-11-12. Retrieved 2007-11-12.