Lincoln Plaza, from Elm Place
|Address||500 North Akard Street
Dallas, Texas 75201
|Height||579 ft (176 m)|
|Floor area||1,113,575 sq ft (103,454.5 m2)|
|Design and construction|
|Architecture firm||HKS, Inc.|
Lincoln Plaza is a 45-story high-rise in Downtown Dallas, Texas. In September 2013, the building was renamed Ross Tower. The building rises to a height of 579 feet (176 m) and was completed in 1982. Currently, it is the 14th-tallest building in the city.
Ensco International has its corporate headquarters in Suite 4300 in the building. In 2009 Ensco announced that it will move its headquarters to London and become a British-registered company. The company said that it does not plan to move "a large number" of employees to London. The COO of the company will remain in Dallas.
At one time Halliburton had its headquarters in Lincoln Plaza. As of 2002 20 employees worked in the building. The company moved its headquarters from the Southland Life Building to 50,648 square feet (4,705.4 m2) of space in Lincoln Plaza in 1985. Halliburton planned to move its headquarters to Houston in 2002. Halliburton was scheduled to move to 5 Houston Center in Downtown Houston in 2003.
- 1 Lincoln Plaza, a similarly named high-rise in New York City
- "Lincoln Plaza". Emporis. Retrieved October 21, 2012.
- "Building Features". Lincoln Plaza. Retrieved October 21, 2012.
- "Corporate Offices." Ensco International. Retrieved on November 13, 2009.
- "Dallas-based Ensco to move headquarters to U.K." The Dallas Morning News. Tuesday November 10, 2009. Retrieved on November 13, 2009.
- Brown, Steve. "HALLIBURTON WILL MOVE HEADQUARTERS TO LINCOLN PLAZA." The Dallas Morning News. October 23, 1985. Retrieved on December 16, 2009.
- Bivins, Ralph. "Halliburton headquarters moving here / 5 Houston Center lease brings firm from Dallas." Houston Chronicle. Tuesday July 16, 2002. Business 1. Retrieved on January 23, 2010.
- "Halliburton to Move Headquarters from Dallas to Houston." Fort Worth Star-Telegram. July 17, 2002. Retrieved on July 14, 2009.