Lincolnton-Lincoln County Regional Airport
|Lincolnton-Lincoln County Regional Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: KIPJ – FAA LID: IPJ|
|Owner||City of Lincolnton & Lincoln County|
|Serves||Lincolnton, North Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||877 ft / 267 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Lincolnton-Lincoln County Regional Airport (ICAO: KIPJ, FAA LID: IPJ) is a public use airport located five nautical miles (9 km) east of the central business district of Lincolnton, a city in Lincoln County, North Carolina, United States. It is owned by the City of Lincolnton & Lincoln County. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, it is a general aviation airport (it had previously been a reliever airport).
Facilities and aircraft
Lincolnton-Lincoln County Regional Airport covers an area of 453 acres (183 ha) at an elevation of 877 feet (267 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 5/23 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,500 by 100 feet (1,676 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending June 6, 2008, the airport had 34,100 aircraft operations, an average of 93 per day: 97% general aviation and 3% military. At that time there were 71 aircraft based at this airport: 87% single-engine, 10% multi-engine and 3% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for IPJ ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 8 April 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 4 (PDF, 1.61 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2007–2011: Appendix A: Part 4 (PDF, 1.58 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 6 October 2006.
- "Lincolnton-Lincoln County Regional Airport (ICAO: KIPJ, FAA: IPJ)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 16 April 2010.
- PDF at North Carolina DOT airport guide
- Aerial photo as of April 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for IPJ, effective March 6, 2014
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|