Linda Bangs (sometimes known professionally as Linda Bangs-Urban) is a professional baritone saxophonist and was born in Waverly, Tioga County, New York. She was a founding member of the Raschèr Saxophone Quartet and studied under Sigurd Raschèr as well as Laurence Wyman.
Bangs teaches saxophone at the Academy for Music in Darmstadt, Germany. She has performed widely in the USA and Europe and appears on numerous commercial recordings.
In 1990, Bangs founded the South German Saxophone Chamber Orchestra (Süddeutsches Saxophon-Kammerorchester).
American Composer J. Ryan Garber composed Another Twist for Bangs. It was premiered in Darmstadt, Germany on March 3, 2007 and subsequently recorded and released on the "Contrasts" CD.
- Chamber Music for Baritone Saxophone (Coronet, 1997)
- Several recordings with the Raschèr Saxophone Quartet
- Contrasts: Kammermusik für Baritonsaxophon (Antes/Bella Musica)
- Süddeutsches Saxophon-Kammerorchester: Saxophone Orchestral 
- Süddeutsches Saxophon-Kammerorchester: Orgon Records #ORG25761 
- Discography at Allmusic
- Biography at Darmstadt Academy
- Timeline of Saxophone history
- Mentioned in article about Rascher
|This article about an American classical musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on an American saxophonist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|