||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012)|
Linda Boyden is a poet and children's books writer.
Linda received both the First Place Award and an Honorable Mention for her poems in the 5th Annual Pleasanton Poetry, Prose & Arts Festival. She was named Writer of the Year for Children's Books, 2002-2003 by the Wordcraft Circle of Native Writers and Storytellers. The Blue Roses has received the 2003 Paterson Prize for Books for Young People, in the pre-K-3 division, sponsored by The Poetry Center at Passaic County Community College. The book is also included in the University of Wisconsin, Madison's Cooperative Children's Books Center Choices 2003 list. In 2000, Linda won the Lee & Low Books first New Voices Award for her book The Blue Roses.
Books by Linda Boyden or containing her work
- The Blue Roses, Lee and Low Books, 2002.
- Woven on the Wind: Women Write about Friendship in the Sagebrush West, Linda Hasselstrom, Gaydell Collier, Nancy Curtis (Editors), Mariner Books, 2001.
- Through the Eye of the Deer, Carolyn Dunn & Carol Comfort (Editors), Consortium Books, 1999.
- Maui Muses, Vol. II, edited by Maui Live Poets, 1997.
- "Book Talk: With Linda Boyden." Lee & Low Books. (retrieved 16 July 2011)