Linda Chapa LaVia
|Linda Chapa LaVia|
|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 83rd district
|Preceded by||Brent Hassert (redistricted)|
August 16, 1966 |
|Alma mater||Northern Illinois University|
|Profession||Full Time Legislator|
Linda Chapa LaVia is a Democratic member of the Illinois House of Representatives, representing the 83rd District since 2003. The district covers part of Kane County, including the city of Aurora. She was first elected to the Illinois General Assembly in 2002 defeating Bob O'Connor, an Aurora Alderman-At-Large, becoming the first Hispanic to win a seat in the state legislature outside of Cook County.
Chapa LaVia, her husband and two children live in Aurora.
- Newman, Craig (2012-09-02). "Who are the Illinois delegates to the Democratic National Convention?". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 2012-09-06.
- Representative Linda Chapa LaVia (D) 83rd District at the Illinois General Assembly
- Biography at Ballotpedia
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Financial information (state office) at the National Institute for Money in State Politics
- Linda Chapa LaVia at Illinois House Democrats
|This article about an Illinois politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|