||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011)|
Linda Chorney is an American singer-songwriter.
Originally from Sudbury, Massachusetts, Chorney made history by being the first independent artist to get nominated for Best Americana Album in 2012 without a manager, label, or publicist by utilizing the Grammy 365 Social Networking site. She is a 1978 graduate of Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School and studied at the University of Miami. Her album, Emotional Jukebox, is one of five nominated for the 2012 Grammy Award in the category of Best Americana Album. Her nomination, gained through a voting process on the website Grammy365.com, was discussed on blogs and social networks by members of the Americana music community and unfoundedly considered "gaming the system" by some, due to her relatively unknown status.
- Mt Blunt Instrument (1995)
- Racing With Reality (1998)
- Me So Chorney (2001)
- 1 Kiss At a Time (2005)
- CHORNographEY (2008) – released July 23, 2008
- Emotional Jukebox (2011) – released January 8, 2011
- "Grammy's self-help poster girl". Variety. 10 December 2011. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- "How Linda Chorney, an Unknown, Scored a Grammy Nomination". Billboard. 13 December 2011.
- Reed, Jams (February 9, 2012). "Social networking helps singer land unlikely Grammy nod". The Boston Globe. Retrieved February 11, 2012.
|This article about a United States singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|