Linda Evangelista, August 12, 2004.
May 10, 1965 |
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
|Years active||1984–1998 (retired), 2001–present|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Measurements||86.5-61-89 (EU); 34-24-35 (US)|
|Weight||55 kg (121 lbs)|
|Dress size||36–38 (EU); 6 (US)|
|Manager||DNA Model Management Models 1 Agency|
Linda Evangelista (born May 10, 1965) is a Canadian model. She has been featured on over 600 magazine covers. Evangelista is mostly known for being the longtime muse of photographer Steven Meisel, as well as coining the phrase "We don't wake up for less than $10,000 a day". She holds the record for her multiple appearances on the cover of Vogue Italia, all of which were photographed by Meisel.
Early years 
Evangelista was born to Italian parents who emigrated to Canada and was raised in a working-class, traditional Roman Catholic family in St. Catharines, Ontario, near Niagara Falls, where she attended Denis Morris Catholic High School. Her father worked for General Motors and her mother, Marisa, was a bookkeeper. Evangelista began modelling when she was discovered by an agent from Elite Model Management at the 1978 Miss Teen Niagara beauty pageant.
Evangelista later moved to New York City and signed with Elite Model Management. She then moved to Paris to further her career. She worked extensively with fashion photographer Peter Lindbergh, who encouraged her to consider a short hair cut. Top hairdresser Julien Dy's cut her hair into what she described as "a bowl cut with sideburns". She cried during the haircut but it turned out to be the defining moment of her career.
Evangelista once said, "We don't wake up for less than $10,000 a day", (often misquoted as: "We don't get out of bed for less than..." or "I don't get out of bed for less than...") Spoken in Vogue (1990) to Jonathan van Meter.
In 2007, she signed a multiple-year exclusive contract with the cosmetics company L'Oreal Paris. It was announced in early 2008 that she would be featured in the Prada Fall 2008 campaign seen in magazines internationally.
Personal life 
At the age of 22, Evangelista married Elite executive Gerald Marie. They were married from 1987 to 1993. After separating from Marie, she began a 6-year relationship with actor Kyle MacLachlan, and then divorced Marie.
In 1999, she became pregnant by French football player Fabien Barthez. At 6 months pregnant, she delivered a stillborn baby. The couple then broke up and Evangelista left modelling for several years to recuperate.
On October 11, 2006, Evangelista gave birth to a boy, Augustin James, refusing to name his biological father, sparking rumours. While pregnant, she appeared on the August 2006 issue of Vogue. In late June 2011, Evangelista filed court papers that revealed her son was fathered by billionaire Frenchman François-Henri Pinault, by then the husband of actress Salma Hayek. After several court appearances aimed at establishing a child support agreement, on August 1, 2011, Evangelista formally filed for a child support order in Manhattan Family Court, seeking $46,000 in monthly child support from Pinault. It was reported that if granted, this amount "would probably be the largest support order in the history of the family court". A heavily-publicized child support trial began on May 3, 2012, and included testimony from both Pinault and Evangelista, with Evangelista's attorney claiming that Pinault had never supported the child. Several days into the trial, on May 7, 2012, Evangelista and Pinault reached an out-of-court settlement.
- "Profile at DNA Models". Dnamodels.com. Retrieved 2011-07-13.
- Linda Evangelista Profile in the FMD-database. Retrieved 2008-06-14.
- "Facts". Linda Evangelista.net. May 10, 2012. Retrieved September 3, 2012.
- Linda Evangelista Biog
- The World's Top-Earning Models Forbes. Retrieved July 20, 2007.
- Models.com Database – Linda Evangelista Campaign and Editorial reference
- Posted: 12:28 AM, June 7, 2010 (June 7, 2010). "Linda Evangelista the new face of Talbots". New York Post. Retrieved 2011-07-13.
- "Linda Evangelista: Biography". Vogue. Retrieved 8/3/11.
- Profile Hello magazine
- Linda's Delight As She Confirms Baby News
- "Salma Hayek's hubby fathered Linda Evangelista's son" July 1, 2011, New York Post
- "Salma Hayek's Husband, François-Henri Pinault, Is the Father of Linda Evangelista's Son". July 1, 2011. Retrieved May 7, 2012.
- Lou Sternberg (August 2, 2011). "Factors in Calculating Child Support – Linda Evangelista seeking $46,000 per month".
- "Linda Evangelista Wants $46,000 in Monthly Child Support: Report". August 2, 2011. Retrieved May 7, 2012.
- "Linda Evangelista Settles Child Custody Case". May 7, 2012. Retrieved May 7, 2012.
- "Pinault and Evangelista child-support trial begins". May 3, 2012. Retrieved May 7, 2012.
- "Linda Evangelista testifies at NYC child-support trial". May 4, 2012. Retrieved May 7, 2012.
- "Linda Evangelista’s Right to Child Support Prior to Petitioning". May 3, 2012. Retrieved May 8, 2012.
- "Linda Evangelista Settles Child-Support Case". May 4, 2012. Retrieved May 7, 2012.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Linda Evangelista|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Linda Evangelista|