Linda L. Kelly
|Linda L. Kelly|
|47th Attorney General of Pennsylvania|
May 27, 2011 – January 15, 2013
|Nominated by||Tom Corbett|
|Preceded by||Tom Corbett[a]|
|Succeeded by||Kathleen Kane|
|United States Attorney for the Western District of Pennsylvania|
April 28, 2001 – September 18, 2001
|Nominated by||George W. Bush|
|Preceded by||Harry Litman|
|Succeeded by||Mary Beth Buchanan|
August 1, 1997 – October 22, 1998
|Nominated by||Bill Clinton|
|Preceded by||Frederick Thieman|
|Succeeded by||Harry Litman|
|Born||Linda Lee Kelly
May 20, 1949 
|Alma mater||University of Pittsburgh
Duquesne University School of Law
|a. ^ William Ryan served as acting Attorney General from January (when Corbett was inaugurated as governor) until Kelly's nomination was confirmed by the State Senate.|
Linda Lee Kelly (born May 20, 1949) is an American attorney. In 2011, she was appointed Attorney General of Pennsylvania. Kelly served in the position until Kathleen Kane, her elected successor, took office in 2013.
Kelly was an assistant district attorney in Allegheny County; she also served twice as an acting U.S. Attorney, in 1997-98 and again in 2001. She was nominated by Governor Tom Corbett to be his permanent successor as Attorney General of Pennsylvania in February 2011, and was unanimously confirmed by the Pennsylvania Senate on May 23, 2011. Kelly was the first woman to serve as state attorney general since Anne Alpern left office in 1961.
Kelly and her husband Paul have one daughter, Kate.
- Pitz, Marylynne. "1st woman takes over as U.S. attorney." Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: August 2, 1997. p. A-7.
- The Pennsylvania Manual, 2011, p. 4-26.
- O'Brien, John (2011-05-24). "Pennsylvania Has New Attorney General". LegalNewsline. LegalNewsline.com. Archived from the original on 2011-06-02. Retrieved 2011-06-02.
The Pennsylvania Senate confirmed Gov. Tom Corbett's new choice to be attorney general Monday in a unanimous vote. Linda Kelly was picked by Corbett, the former attorney general in his first year as governor, in February. She will replace interim attorney general William Ryan and serve the rest of Corbett's term, having promised not to run for the position in the 2012 election.
- Linda L. Kelly becomes Pennsylvania Attorney General
- Corbett Nominates Attorney General
- "Linda L. Kelly becomes PA Attorney General". Coudy News. May 31, 2011. Retrieved November 22, 2011.
|Attorney General of Pennsylvania
|Notes and references|
|1. William Ryan succeeded Corbett as acting Attorney General until Kelly was sworn-in.|