||This article may be an autobiography or has been extensively edited by the subject or an institution related to the subject. (June 2013)|
As an actress, Lusardi has appeared in the drama series The Bill (playing the girlfriend of corrupt officer DS Don Beech) and also in Hollyoaks and Brookside. She joined the cast of Emmerdale in 2007 as Carrie Nicholls, an ex-girlfriend of Tom King and mother of his secret child, Scarlett. Her first on-screen appearance was on 12 February 2007. She left the programme after a year.
Lusardi has appeared in movies including ( Snappers) (The Zero Imperative) (OH Minnie) and (Consuming Passions)
Lusardi has starred as Eliza Dolittle in Pygmalion at the Malvern Festival. Toured in Happy as A Sandbag, Funny Peculiar, Bedside Manners, Not Now Darling, Rock with Laughter, No Sex Please We're British Doctor on The Boil. Lusardi took her own show the British Forces in Belize, the Falklands and Northern Ireland
She is a supporter of UK pantomime and often stars with her husband Sam Kane each Christmas at major theatres in the UK. Recent venues have been Woking, Southend, Plymouth, and Llandudno. Lusardi has starred in over 25 Pantomimes
Other television work
Lusardi appeared in two series of ( A Kind of Magic ) for ITV as season of Loose Women ITV. Regularly presented ( Wish You Were Here ) Miss Northern Ireland. Its Bizarre ITV. Film Review ITV. No Smoking Day ITV. Lusardi took part in the reality game show The Games in 2004, ITV daytime programme Have I Been Here Before? and BBC 1's Hole in the Wall in 2009. She also sells (Lusardi My Miracle) a range of skin-care products on shopping television. In 1992 she appeared in the "Dead Ringer" observation round of The Krypton Factor She Also Appeared in a special edition of Bullseye presented by Jim Bowen. Lusardi appeared on Saturday Night Take Away on ITV and in The Royal Variety Performance. Celebrity Eggheads and BBC Celebrity Pointess
In January 2008 she joined the new series of ITV's Dancing On Ice where she finished in sixth place. Her professional skating partner was Daniel Whiston, who temporarily moved into her family home to make training more convenient. Lusardi had to catch up with her fellow skaters after falling and breaking a bone in her foot during her first hour on the ice. She also won the Channel 4 show Celebrity Come Dine With Me in 2008. In the show she was voted the best dinner host by her fellow contestants Abi Titmuss, Rodney Marsh, Lesley Joseph and Paul Ross. She participated in the 2011 series of Celebrity Masterchef, where she reached the final 5.
During the 1980s Lusardi married a builder named Terry Bailey and they were often featured in the News of the World's Sunday supplement magazine, "Sunday". They divorced in 1996. In 1998 Lusardi married actor Samuel Kane; they have two children, son Jack and daughter Lucy. She is patron of two charities The Willow Foundation and The Rhys Daniels Trust.
- Iggulden, Caroline (24 May 2007). "Simply 3 Best". The Sun (London).
- "Linda Lusardi joins Emmerdale cast". RTE Ten. 13 December 2006. Retrieved 1 April 2011.
- "Linda Lusardi quits Emmerdale". What's On Tv. 26 September 2007. Retrieved 1 April 2011.
- "Linda Lusardi and Sam Kane team up for Cinderella at Llandudno". 9 December 2010. Retrieved 1 April 2011.
- Barber, Karen (7 March 2011). "Cheap tricks to make you look younger". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 1 April 2011.
- McGarry, Lisa. "Dancing On Ice 2008: Linda Lusardi". Unrealitytv. Retrieved 1 April 2011.
- "Beds Herts and Bucks - Entertainment - The Kane gang!". BBC. 12 December 2008. Retrieved 19 December 2011.
- "Linda Lusardi and daughter Lucy Kane Gala opening of the Tower... | Linda Lusardi Picture 2183229". Contactmusic. 2007-02-26. Retrieved 2011-12-24.
- Richard Barber (7 September 2010). "Linda Lusardi on why she blames her children (and a love of pizza) for her bad back | Mail Online". London: Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-12-24.
- Linda Lusardi at the Internet Movie Database
- Linda Lusardi on Twitter
- Linda Lusardi's Official Website
- Linda Lusardi's Official Blog