Linda Vista, San Diego
|Linda Vista, San Diego|
|Community of San Diego|
Linda Vista, which means "Pretty View" in Spanish, overlooks Mission Bay and the Pacific ocean to the west
|Country||United States of America|
Linda Vista (Spanish for "Pretty View") is a community in San Diego, California, United States. Located east of Mission Bay, north of Mission Valley, and south-east of Tecolote Canyon, it lies on a mesa overlooking Mission Valley to the south and Mission Bay and the Pacific Ocean to the west. It is also home to the University of San Diego.
Linda Vista is located in City Council District 7 and is currently represented by Councilmember Scott Sherman.
Many of the homes in Linda Vista were built in 1940-41 as part of a government project to house aircraft workers for the war effort. A construction project that was assisted by Reuben H. Fleet beginning in October 1941 resulted in 3,001 houses built within 200 days.
Schools and Universities
- University of San Diego (University)
- University of San Diego High School (moved to Carmel Valley in 2005, and the name was changed to Cathedral High School)
- Kearny High School (Grades 9–12)
- Mark Twain Sr. High (Grades 7–12)
- Francis W. Parker School (Grades K–12)
- Linda Vista Elementary School (Grades K–5)
- Carson Elementary School (Pre-School–Grade 5)
- Holy Family Catholic School (Pre-School–Grade 8)
- Montgomery Middle School (Grades 6–8)
- Chesterton Elementary School (Linda Vista, California) (Grades Kindergarten through Fifth grade)http://www.sandi.net/chesterton]]
- Stewart, Noah; Patrick McGinnis (January 2004). "Historical Overview Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, San Diego, California". Rose Creek Watershed Alliance. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-06-05. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- http://www.sddt.com/Community/cityinfo_visitor.cfm?Com_ID=35&Cat_ID=5 sddt.com
- Engstrand, Iris (2005). San Diego: California's Cornerstone. Sunbelt Publications. pp. 159–160. ISBN 978-0-932653-72-7.
- Linder, Bruce (2001). San Diego's Navy. Annapolis, Maryland: Naval Institute Press. p. 122. ISBN 1-55750-531-4.
- "Did You Know?". San Diego Magazine (San Diego: CurtCo/SDM LLC) 58 (7): 36. May 2006. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- "LINDA VISTA PLAZA MEMORIES". Retrieved 23 May 2015.
|This San Diego County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|