Linda Wong (pornographic actress)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2008)|
|Born||Linda Carol Seki
September 13, 1951
San Francisco, California, USA
|Died||December 17, 1987(aged 36)|
|Other names||Sandy Stram, Linda Chang|
|No. of adult films||48 (per IAFD)|
Linda Wong (September 13, 1951 – December 17, 1987) was an American pornographic actress and one of the first Asians to become a star in the adult film industry. In 1998 she was added to the XRCO Hall of Fame.
Wong was born and raised in San Francisco Bay area (first in Mill Valley and later in San Bruno). She lived in Richmond, California, and graduated in 1969 from J.F.K. High School there. Shortly after graduation Linda married and her last name became "Ching" (she herself was Japanese, not Chinese). After a few years she divorced but kept her married surname. Linda worked for a short period of time as a teller for Sumitomo Bank and as a receptionist for famed attorney Melvin Belli. She then started to dance on Broadway. She first broke into the adult-film business in 1976 with Oriental Babysitter and Jade Pussycat, in which she co-starred with Georgina Spelvin and John Holmes. According to Playboy's October 1977 pictorial "Ladies of Joy" and Playboy's 1980 Girls of Playboy 4, she worked as a legal prostitute in Las Vegas for a short time under the name "Linda Ching".
Appearing in adult films disturbed Wong. She once said, "I was never viewed as a human being. The greatest compliment that anyone has given me is that 'Linda, you're a nice person.' Most people, right off the bat, assume that I am a piece of meat, a porno star, a floozy." (AVN)
In 1981 she decided to retire, although a story circulating at the time said that her then-boyfriend gave her an ultimatum to leave the business or he would leave her. She returned four years later to star in The Erotic World of Linda Wong. She was planning yet another comeback in 1987 when she died of a drug overdose.
- Oriental Babysitter (1976)
- China Lust (1976)
- China DeSade (1977)
- Babyface (1977)
- The Jade Pussycat (1977)
- Stormy (1980)
- Swedish Erotica 10 (1981)
- The Erotic World Of Linda Wong (1985)
- Shimizu, Celine Parreñas (2007). The Hypersexuality of Race: Performing Asian/American Women on Screen and Scene. Duke University Press. pp. 153–159. ISBN 0-8223-4033-X. (Google Books)
- "XRCO Hall of Fame". X-Rated Critics Organization. Retrieved 2008-03-13.
- Gabriel Alvarez (2011-09-19). "The Top 50 Hottest Asian Porn Stars of All Time". Complex. Retrieved 2013-08-02.
- Where is Linda Wong? Dead from an Accidental Drug Overdose