|Highest point||Mount Oldfield|
|Local government area||Mackay Region|
Lindeman Island is an island in the Lindeman Group of the Whitsunday Islands off the coast of Queensland, Australia. The island was named by Captain Bedwell after his sub-lieutenant, George Sidney Lindeman whilst aboard the Royal Navy vessel HMS Virago.
Lindeman Island was created after a volcanic mountain range was drowned by rising sea levels.
Lindeman Island resort was closed on 31 January 2012. On the 27 April 2012 it was purchased by White Horse Holding, a Chinese firm, for $12 million. The price paid was considerably lower than expected because the resort needed refurbishment.
- "Lindeman Island - Culture and History". Sydney Morning Herald (Fairfax Media). 1 January 2009. Retrieved 12 August 2010.
- "About Lindeman Islands". Department of Environment and Resource Management. 8 May 2012. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- "Transport in Whitsunday Islands". Lonely Planet. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- "Club med looks for investors". Whitsunday Times (APN News & Media Ltd). 20 August 2009. Retrieved 12 August 2010.
- "Lindeman shuts the doors". Whitsunday Times (APN News & Media). 2 February 2012. Retrieved 7 April 2012.
- Dan Nancarrow (27 April 2012). "Run-down Lindeman Island sells for $12m". Brisbane Times (Fairfax Media). Retrieved 28 April 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Lindeman Island.|
- Lindeman Island. Queensland Holidays
|This Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|