Linden Grove Township, St. Louis County, Minnesota
|Linden Grove Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||35.4 sq mi (91.8 km2)|
|• Land||35.4 sq mi (91.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,302 ft (397 m)|
|• Density||4.1/sq mi (1.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0664789|
According to the United States Census Bureau, Linden Grove Township has a total area of 35.4 square miles (92 km2), all of it land.
The Little Fork River flows through the northwest, central, and southeast portions of Linden Grove Township.
Beaver Creek flows through the northwest part of the township.
The west–central and southern portions of Linden Grove Township are located within the Sturgeon River State Forest.
Adjacent townships and communities
The following are adjacent to Linden Grove Township:
- Field Township (east and northeast)
- Alango Township (southeast)
- Sturgeon Township (south)
- The unincorporated community of Sturgeon (south)
- Morcom Township (southwest)
- The unincorporated community of Bear River (southwest)
- Sturgeon River Unorganized Territory (west)
- The unincorporated community of Celina (west)
- Northwest Saint Louis Unorganized Territory (northwest)
- The unincorporated community of Greaney (northwest)
- Willow Valley Township (north)
- The unincorporated community of Gheen Corner (northeast)
- Kabetogama State Forest (north)
Carpenter Road runs north–south along Linden Grove Township's eastern boundary line with adjacent Field Township.
Olson Road runs east–west along Linden Grove Township's northern boundary line with adjacent Willow Valley Township in the northwest and north–central part of Linden Grove Township.
Range Line Road–County Road 139 (CR 139) runs north–south along Linden Grove Township's western boundary line with adjacent Sturgeon River Unorganized Territory. The roadway is in two separate disjointed sections.
Leander Road runs east–west along Linden Grove Township's southern boundary line with adjacent Sturgeon Township in the southwest corner of Linden Grove Township.
As of the census of 2000, there were 141 people, 54 households, and 38 families residing in the township. The population density was 4.0 people per square mile (1.5/km²). There were 89 housing units at an average density of 2.5/sq mi (1.0/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 90.78% White, 3.55% Native American, 3.55% Asian, and 2.13% from two or more races.
There were 54 households out of which 42.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 59.3% were married couples living together, 7.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 29.6% were non-families. 24.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.61 and the average family size was 3.13.
In the township the population was spread out with 32.6% under the age of 18, 2.8% from 18 to 24, 31.9% from 25 to 44, 22.0% from 45 to 64, and 10.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 39 years. For every 100 females there were 113.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 106.5 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $38,500, and the median income for a family was $48,125. Males had a median income of $34,167 versus $23,125 for females. The per capita income for the township was $18,004. There were none of the families and 3.1% of the population living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and none of those over 64.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Race, Hispanic or Latino, Age, and Housing Occupancy: 2010 Census Redistricting Data (Public Law 94-171) Summary File (QT-PL), Linden Grove township, St. Louis County, Minnesota". U.S. Census Bureau, American FactFinder 2. Retrieved October 26, 2011.