Linden Hills, Minneapolis
Location of Linden Hills within the U.S. city of Minneapolis
|• Total||1.393 sq mi (3.61 km2)|
|• Density||5,400/sq mi (2,100/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP code||55410, 55416|
Linden Hills is a neighborhood in the Southwest community of Minneapolis. It is bordered to the north by Lake Calhoun and West 36th Street, to the east by Lake Harriet and William Berry Parkway, to the south by West 47th Street, and to the west by France Avenue.
According to the 2000 U.S. Census, there were 7,370 people in the neighborhood, of whom 94% were white, 1% were black, 0.5% were Native American, 2% were Asian American/Pacific Islander, and 2.5% were other/two or more races.
The Lake Harriet Bandshell is located on the lakeshore on the eastern edge of the neighborhood. The current bandshell, constructed in 1985, is a fifth-generation music venue on the lake. The first two were destroyed by fire, the third was destroyed by a wind storm, and the fourth was demolished in 1985. The main platform and carbarn of the Como-Harriet Streetcar Line are also located in the neighborhood, near West 42nd Street and Queen Avenue.
The neighborhood's commercial corridor, centering around Upton Avenue and 43rd Street, was constructed along the Como-Harriet streetcar line in the 1920s, and is today home to many shops and dining establishments, including Creative Kidstuff, one of the first Great Harvest franchises, Heartfelt Craft Studio, Sebastian Joe's Ice Cream Café, Wild Rumpus Bookstore, the Zumbro Café, Naviya's Thai Bistro, Dunn Brothers Coffee and Tilia.
The Linden Hills area was featured in a scene of the 1996 film Jingle All The Way.
Linden Hills Power & Light (LHP&L) is an informal group of Linden Hills residents dedicated to engaging their community in combating global warming by promoting conservation and renewable sources of energy. Coordinates: Southwest High School is located at the southern edge of the neighborhood on West 47th Street between Abbott and Chowen Avenues.
- "Linden Hills neighborhood in Minneapolis, Minnesota (MN), 55408, 55409, 55410, 55416 detailed profile". City-Data. 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-19.
- "Minneapolis Neighborhood Profile: Linden Hills" (PDF). Minnesota Compass. October 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-14.
- "Great Harvest Minneapolis". Retrieved June 16, 2011.
- "Linden Hills Power & Light". Retrieved June 16, 2011.
- Linden Hills, Minneapolis, MN. Google Earth. Retrieved 2011-03-09.
- Minneapolis Neighborhood Profile - Linden Hills
- Linden Hills Neighborhood Council
- Linden Hills Business Association
- Businesses in Linden Hills
- Southwest Minneapolis Business Directory (NEHBA sponsored)
- Linden Hills History Study Group
-  Neighborhood photos
|City of St. Louis Park, Minnesota
City of Edina, Minnesota
(neighborhood of Morningside)