Lindsey Hughes (4 May 1949 – 26 April 2007) was a British historian who studied seventeenth- and eighteenth-century Russia, especially the reign of Peter the Great. She authored biographies of Peter and his predecessor Sophia Alekseyevna, as well as a more general work, Russia in the Age of Peter the Great. She also wrote prolifically on art history.
Lindsey Audrey Jennifer Hughes was born May 4, 1949. She joined the School of Slavonic and East European Studies at University College London in 1987; became a reader in 1992; a professor of Russian History in 1997.
She died of cancer, aged 57, on 26 April 2007.
- Russia and the West. The Life of a 17th-century Westernizer, Prince Vasily Vasil'evich Golitsyn (1643 – 1714) (Newtonville, Mass.: Oriental Research Partners 1984 (Russian Biographies Series vol 14))
- Sophia, Regent of Russia 1657 – 1704 (New Haven, Conn.: Yale University Press, 1990)
- Russia in the age of Peter the Great (New Haven, Conn. Yale University Press, 1998)
- Peter the Great: A Biography (New Haven, Conn.: Yale University Press, 2002)
- The Romanovs : ruling Russia, 1613-1917 (London; New York: Hambledon Continuum, 2008)
|This article about a British historian or genealogist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|