Line 14, Beijing Subway
|Operator(s)||Beijing MTR Corp. Ltd.|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
|Electrification||1500 V Overhead line|
Line 14 of the Beijing Subway (Chinese: 北京地铁14号线; pinyin: běijīng dìtiě shísì hàoxiàn) is a rapid transit rail line in southwest Beijing. As of February 15, 2014, the line is 12.4 km in length with 7 stations, and is operated by the Beijing MTR Corp. Ltd.
The line is being extended to run across the southern and eastern fringes of urban Beijing from Zhangguozhuang west of the Yongding River in the southwest corner of the city to Shan'gezhuang in the northeast corner. When fully completed, Line 14 will be 47.7 km in length and have 36 stations.
The first phase of Line 14, from Zhanggezhuang to Xiju on the southwest corner of the Line 10 loop, opened on May 5, 2013. Most of Line 14's eastern portion is scheduled for completion by the end of 2014. The opening of the central portion of the line, from Xiju to Jiulongshan, is expected to follow in 2015. Line 14 is the first metro line in Beijing to use high capacity wide-body A size trains.
List of Stations
|Lize Business District||丽泽商务区|
|Beijing South Railway Station||北京南站|
The precise route of Line 14 has been revised several times and is still subject to change even as construction on Phase I gets underway. Line 14 is certain to begin in the southwest at Dongheyan Lu, just west of the Yongding River, pass through Beijing South Station, where platforms for Line 14 have already been built, and eventually reach Wangjing. Phase I calls for construction of a line from Dongheyan Lu to Guangqu Lu.
In Phase I, Line 14 will begin at the Dongheyan Lu in Fengtai District, on the southwestern edge of urban Beijing. It will cross the river to Zhangyi Village and enter the 5th Ring Road. Going due east on Fengtai Nan Lu, it will pass by the Fengtai Sports Center, enter the 4th Ring Road and continue eastward on Fengtai Bei Lu, which becomes Lize Lu inside the 3rd Ring Road. Line 14 then meets Line 4 at the Beijing South Station, the city’s newly built high-speed rail terminus, near Yongdingmen, near the southern tip of Chongwen District. Going further east, Line 14 re-enters Fengtai District and crosses Line 5 near Puhuangyu. It then follows Pufang Lu through the heavily residential Fangzhuang section of Fengtai and emerges outside of the 3rd Ring Road on Hongyan Lu in Chaoyang District. Line 14 ends its eastward journey abruptly at Xidawang Lu, where it turns straight north. After passing by the Beijing University of Technology, Phase I of Line 14 will end at the junction of Xidawang Lu and Guangqu Lu, due east of Jinsong. Phase I may be completed by early as 2013.
Phase II of Line 14 will continue north on Xidawang Lu, crossing Line 7 near Baiziwan, and Line 1, at Dawang Lu. Further north, Dawang Lu turns into Jintai Lu, which Line 14 will follow to the Chaoyang Park. After cutting through the park, Line 14 will exit the 4th Ring Road via Jiuxianqiao Lu, which then extends straight north to the Capital Airport Expressway. North of the expressway, Line 14 enters the vast Wangjing neighborhood of Chaoyang District. The Line bisects Wangjing from south to north on Guangshun Nan and Bei Dajie. It then emerges north of the 5th Ring Road and terminates in the Laiguangying section of Chaoyang District. Phase II is expected to be completed in 2014.
- Sept. 23, 2008: Construction of Line 14 set to begin by the end of 2008.
- Nov. 6, 2009: Commencement of construction deferred; may begin by the end of 2009
- Jan. 7, 2010: Commencement of construction set to begin in 2010.
- Apr. 29, 2010: Construction begins on Phase I.
- May 5, 2013: Phase I, from Zhangguozhuang in the southwestern of the city to Xiju on the southwest corner of the Line 10 loop, opens.
- February 15, 2014, the Qilizhuang Station opens to Line 14 trains.
- "京港地铁经营14号线 北京地铁首次使用A型车" (in Chinese). 千龙网. 2012-11-06. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- (Chinese) 北京地铁14号线开工 计划2014年底竣工通车 l 《北京晚报》 Apr. 29, 2010
- (Chinese) 北京地铁14号线1期及地铁7号线有望年底开建北京晚报 Sept. 23, 2008
- (Chinese) "首列北京地铁14号线A型地铁车辆在青岛下线" people.com 2012-12-12
- (Chinese) "北京地铁十四号线工程列车编组7B改6A方案专题报告论证会召开" 北京市重大项目建设指挥部办公室 2010-12-30
- For a map of Line 14’s planned route, as of late September 2008, see .
- (Chinese) 北京地铁“南北大动脉”2010底前打通 Nov. 6, 2009.
- (Chinese) "北京地铁7号线、14号线、S1线及西郊线年内开工" Jan. 7, 2010
- "New subway lines to get Beijing on fast track" China Daily 2013-03-11
- (Chinese) 北京地铁14号线七里庄站将于2月15日正式启用 2014-02-13
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Line 14, Beijing Subway.|