Line 4, Shanghai Metro
A view of the Yishan Road station.
|Termini||No terminals; ring line, Yishan Road serves as terminal for trains returning to depot|
|Daily ridership||910,000 (2014 Peak)|
|Opening||December 31, 2005|
|Operator(s)||Shanghai No.3 Metro Operation Co. Ltd.|
|Character||Underground and elevated|
|Line length||33.7 km (20.94 mi)|
|No. of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Electrification||Overhead lines (1500 volts DC)|
|Operating speed||80 km/h (50 mph)|
Line 4 is a loop line of the Shanghai Metro network. Its rolling stock carry a bright violet colour belt to differentiate them from Line 3 trains which share a portion of its track. To determine the direction of travel, the line that travels counter-clockwise is called the Outer Loop (外环), while the other line is known as the Inner Loop (内环). Although it is a loop line, trains returning to the depot use Yishan Road as a terminal to let all passengers disembark. The first segment of the line between Damuqiao Road and Lancun Road (running in a "C"-shape) opened on December 31, 2005. The remainder of the line opened on December 29, 2007. The line is colored purple on system maps.
|— ↑ Loop line towards Shanghai Indoor Stadium ↑ —|
|West Yan'an Road||延安西路|
|Shanghai Railway Station||上海火车站||[note 1] Shanghai
|South Xizang Road||西藏南路|
|Damuqiao Road||大木桥路||(opens Dec 2014)||Xuhui|
|Shanghai Indoor Stadium||上海体育馆|
|— ↓ Loop line towards Yishan Road ↓ —|
- Shanghai Railway Station: Interchange with Line 3. To transfer to Line 1, passengers need to exit through a tunnel and purchase a ticket to re-enter the station.
- Zhongshan Park: Interchange with Line 2 and Line 3.
- Century Avenue: Interchange with Lines 2, 6 and 9. It is Shanghai's first 4-line interchange station.
- South Xizang Road: The first cross-platform interchange station in the Shanghai Metro network. Interchange with Line 8.
- Shanghai Stadium: Serves Shanghai Stadium.
- Shanghai Indoor Stadium: Serves the sports stadium of the same name and the biggest regional and interregional bus station in the city. Interchange with Line 1.
|Type||Time of manufacturing||Series||Sets||Assembly||Notes|
|Type A||2005–2007||AC04||28||Tc＋Mp＋M＋M＋Mp＋Tc||Manufactured by Siemens AG and CSR Zhuzhou|
- Out of system transfer with Line 1.
- "11月7日上海地铁客流创历史新高". 上海地铁运管中心. 2014-11-08. Retrieved 2014-11-09.