Line H (Buenos Aires Metro)
|System||Buenos Aires Metro|
|Opening||18 October 2007|
|Line length||5.5 km (3.4 mi)|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
Line H of the Buenos Aires Metro, is the first entirely new line built in Buenos Aires since the opening of Line E on 20 June 1944. The first phase, between Plaza Once and Caseros, opened 18 October 2007, currently it stretches over 5.5 km between stations Parque Patricios and Corrientes. According to projections, the line will stretch a total of about 11 km and will run from between Retiro to Nueva Pompeya once the remaining sections are constructed. It will connect the southern part of the city with the north improving the flow to the centre of the city. The line will be 11.85 km long from end to end. It is also designed to serve as a transversal line and provide cross-connections across all radial lines, mainly under the axis of Jujuy and Pueyrredón avenues.
Stations and connections
|Corrientes - Hospitales|
Stations in this line are slated to be named after tango musicians.
Line H currently uses Orenstein & Koppel - Siemens-Schuckert train sets originally introduced in line C, electric current is supplied by overhead lines. The cars feature 42 seats and 4 doors per side.
- 18 October 2007: Line H was inaugurated between Once and Caseros.
- 6 December 2010: The line is extended northbound from Once to Corrientes.
- 4 October 2011: Parque Patricios station opened.
- January 2012: Works in the extension towards Plaza Francia (North) and Nueva Pompeya (South) should begin.
- 27 May 2013: Hospitales station opened.
Line H is being extended. An initial extension to Corrientes station was inaugurated on Monday 6 December 2010. A further extension to Parque Patricios was completed on 4 October 2011 and Hospitales station is due to open. Subterráneos de Buenos Aires announced, in August 2011, that Techint won the bid for the extension of the line.
- Subte récord: ya transporta 1.7 millón de pasajeros por día. Clarín - (Spanish) - Retrieved 2011-01-20
- La Línea C Subterráneos de Buenos Aires (SBASE) (Spanish) – Retrieved 2010-11-29
- El 6 de diciembre abre la estación Corrientes de la línea H de subte The Clarín– www.Clarin.com (Spanish)–Retrieved 2010-11-29
- Macri led opening ceremony The Buenos Aires Herald – www.buenosairesherald.com–Retrieved 2010-12-06
- Subte Line H tendered Railway Gazette International RailwayGazette.com – Retrieved 2010-08-25
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Line H.|
- Subterráneos de Buenos Aires (Official Page)
- Metrovías S.A. Subte Operator (Official Page)
- Subterráneos de Buenos Aires, H Line
- System map