|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)|
A linear compressor is a gas compressor where the piston moves along a linear track to compress to minimize energy loss during conversion.
Valved linear compressor
The single piston linear compressor uses dynamic counterbalancing, where an auxiliary movable mass is flexibly attached to a movable piston assembly and to the stationary compressor casing using auxiliary mechanical springs with zero vibration export at minimum electrical power and current consumed by the motor. It is used in cryogenics.
Linear compressors are used in LG and Kenmore refrigerators. Compressors of this type have less noise, longer life, and are more energy efficient than conventional refrigerator compressors. 
- hydrogen compressor
- liquid hydrogen
- Timeline of low-temperature technology
- Timeline of hydrogen technologies
- Linear Compressor history[dead link]
- Linear DOS[dead link]
- A home refrigerator with a Sunpower linear compressor
- Valved linear compressor[dead link]
- Development of a valved linear compressor for a satellite borne J–T cryocooler