|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2010)|
Close to Ewarton and Windalco Ewarton works, a large aluminum plant employing many of the local population. Often employing a job share scheme as work in the area is scarce. It holds a Grand Market celebration each Christmas Eve when people come out and fill the streets, small shops sell toys and other Christmas gifts, and events and parties are held in the square. It was popularized in the song Linstead Market.
Media:Example.ogg== Schools ==
- Charlemont High School
- Linstead Primary and Junior High School
- Dinthill Technical High
- McGrath High School
- Rosemount Primary and Junior High
- Victoria All Age
- Trinity Preparatory
- Leslie Laing - Olympic gold medalist in 4x400 m relay.
- Keith Anthony Morrison - Painter, educator, critic, curator and administrator
- Arthur Wint - Olympic gold medalist in the 400 m.
- Joseph Hill - Lead singer of reggae group Culture.
- Clive Hunt - Musician and reggae producer.
- Asafa Powell- Former world record holder in the 100 m, Most sub-ten 100m clockings in history, Most sub-ten 100m clockings in a year.
- Rene Harris -Dancin' Dynamites 2008, Professional Dance Performer and Choreographer.,
- Max Romeo - Reggae veteran/Icon
- Tony Curtis- Singer/Songwriter, also a Member of the Lust Crew Jamaica's no.1 group
|This Jamaican location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|