Linstead is a town in the parish of St. Catherine, Jamaica in the West Indies. In 1991 its population was 14,144. It is located 12 mi/19 km NNW of Spanish Town.
Close to Ewarton and Windalco Ewarton works, a large aluminum plant employing many of the local population. Often employing a job share scheme as work in the area is scarce. It holds a Grand Market celebration each Christmas Eve when people come out and fill the streets, small shops sell toys and other Christmas gifts, and events and parties are held in the square. It was popularized in the song Linstead Market.
 Notable natives
- Leslie Laing - Olympic gold medalist in 4x400 m relay.
- Keith Anthony Morrison - Painter, educator, critic, curator and administrator
- Arthur Wint - Olympic gold medalist in the 400 m.
- Joseph Hill - Lead singer of reggae group Culture.
- Clive Hunt - Musician and reggae producer.
- Asafa Powell- Former world record holder in the 100 m, Most sub-ten 100m clockings in history, Most sub-ten 100m clockings in a year.
- Rene Harris -Dancin' Dynamites 2008, Professional Dance Performer and Choreographer.,
- Max Romeo - Reggae veteran/Icon
- Tony Curtis- Singer/Songwriter, also a Member of the Lust Crew Jamaica's no.1 group
Coordinates: 18°09′N 77°01′W / 18.150°N 77.017°W