|Born||Linus William Roache
1 February 1964
Manchester, Lancashire, England
Linus William Roache (born 1 February 1964) is an English actor.
Roache was born in Manchester, Lancashire, the son of Coronation Street actor William Roache and actress Anna Cropper. Roache was educated at Bishop Luffa School in Chichester, West Sussex and at the independent Rydal School in Colwyn Bay, North Wales. He studied acting at the Central School of Speech and Drama. He married Rosalind Bennett in Malvern, Worcestershire in 2002.
Beginning in the 1990s, Roache began a career in film while remaining active in television and stage. In 1994, he received acclaim for his leading role in Antonia Bird's Priest. He is best known to US audiences as Dr. Thomas Wayne, father of Batman, in Batman Begins (2005), or as Executive Assistant District Attorney Michael Cutter in the American TV series Law & Order (2008–2010) and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2011–2012).
In June 2010, it was announced that he would return to play Laurence Cunningham, alongside his father William Roache, in Coronation Street. In July 2010, he was cast in the HBO pilot The Miraculous Year.
In April 2011, Roache was cast as the lead in the ITV mini-series Titanic, airing March–April 2012 to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the ship. And in February 2014, Roache debuted in season two of the popular TV series Vikings as England's King Ecbert.
- Linus Roache Biography (1964–)
- [dead link]
- "Pushing Daisies and Law & Order Alums Join The Miraculous Year". TVGuide.com.
- Love, Ryan (6 April 2011). "Linus Roache leads ITV 'Titanic' cast". Digital Spy Television. Retrieved 11 April 2011.
- Roots, Kimberly. "Vikings Adds Law & Order Vet to Season 2 Cast".
- Stanhope, Kate (8 August 2011). "Law & Order Alum Linus Roache to Reprise Role on SVU". TV Guide. Retrieved 8 August 2011.