|Country of origin||England|
|Headquarters location||Oxford, England|
|Publication types||Bibles, books, literature, digital content|
Lion Hudson publishes books and digital products under five imprints:
- Lion Books non-fiction books of general interest for an adult readership. Titles include:
Building Bridges: Is there Hope for North Korea? David Alton and Rob Chidley; The Lion Handbook to the Bible David & Pat Alexander; Gunning for God by John Lennox; Mugabe and the White African by Ben Freeth; and First Steps series of self-help books
- Monarch Books non-fiction books including Christian biography, Christian teaching resources, support materials for Christian leaders and bible commentaries. Title include:
- Lion Fiction books written by Christian authors in a variety of genres including Fantasy, Crime/Mystery, Women’s fiction, Historical Fiction and Adventure. Authors include Stephen Lawhead, Pam Rhodes, Fay Sampson, C.F. Dunn, Mel Starr, Ian Acheson and Donna Fletcher Crow.
- Lion Children's Books bibles, prayer books, fiction, craft books, picture books and activity books for children under 12. Evergreen titles include:
The Lion Story Bible Series by Penny Frank, Tony Morris, Eric Ford and John Haysom. The Lion Children’s Bible Pat Alexander & Carolyn Cox; Lion First Bible Pat Alexander; The Storyteller Bible Bob Hartmann; My Very First Bible Lois Rock; and Just Because Rebecca Elliott.
- Candle Books bibles, prayer books, bible novelty books and bible activity books for children under 7 and a bible reference series for children under 12 years. Titles include:
Lion Hudson successfully partners with hundreds of publishers worldwide in order to produce a variety of illustrated books in local languages including children's bibles in as many as 208 different languages. The company attends international book fairs including Frankfurt Book Fair, Bologna Book Fair, London Book Fair and ICRS in the USA.
Lion Hudson plc resulted from the merger in December 2003 of Lion Publishing plc and Angus Hudson Ltd.
Lion Publishing was founded in 1971 by David & Pat Alexander in order to publish books in plain language about Christianity for readers who are not necessarily Christian and for a diverse, international readership. The Lion Handbook to the Bible their first book supported by a consortium of co-edition partners, and they started publishing for children in 1991. Lion Publishing celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2011 with a service of thanksgiving at Christ Church Cathedral, Oxford.
Angus Hudson founded his company in 1977 to publish international co-editions primarily for Christian communities around the world. Monarch Books joined Angus Hudson Ltd in the 1980s and Candle Books developed as their children's imprint packaging innovative bible centred adventures.