|Traded as||NASDAQ: LIOX|
|Founded||Waltham, Massachusetts, USA (1996)|
|Headquarters||Waltham, Massachusetts, USA|
|Key people||Rory Cowan, CEO|
|Revenue||$457 million US$ (2012)|
Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. commonly known as Lionbridge, is a company based in Waltham, Massachusetts, United States (U.S.) that provides translation, online marketing, global content management and application testing products. In June 2013, Common Sense Advisory (CSA), an independent Massachusetts-based market research company, released its annual report on the global language services market for 2013.
Lionbridge provides translation, interpretation, online marketing, global content management and application testing products such as training data prepared manually by assessors (or raters) for Google.
A securities class action lawsuit involving the company was filed on, or about, July 24, 2001. The lawsuit was filed with the caption "Samet v. Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. et al." and was filed in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
A Colorado jury awarded an employee US$1,313,570 in damages in 2006, as Lionbridge failed to fulfill its obligation to help the employee obtain a green card. Upon review, the judge reduced the noneconomic award to US$366,250 and reduced the economic damages award to US$221,433.
A 2008 court case involved an unfair dismissal claim by a former Polish Lionbridge employee Jakub Gawlikowski. Gawlikowski was fired for union recruitment activities at the company’s Warsaw office to protect employment conditions. Protests in support of Gawlikowski were held in Denmark, Spain, Poland, and Ireland.
Awards and recognition
June 2013 - Lionbridge and PHT Corporation raise $3,400 to benefit The Boston Children's Hospital
May 2013 - Common Sense Advisory, an independent Massachusetts-based market research company, names Lionbridge the #1 Language Service Provider (LSP) in the world
March 2013 - Lionbridge named as finalist in the 3rd annual Marketo Revenue Performance Excellence Awards
January 2012 - Lionbridge's GeoFluent receives 2011 Product of the Year Award from Customer Interaction Solutions Magazine
Since 2006, Lionbridge has been named a Top 20 Training Outsourcing Company
Lionbridge has been named to the "Global 100," a list of the world's best outsourcing firms by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals
||This article uses bare URLs for citations, which may be threatened by link rot. (March 2014)|
- "Our Company - Lionbridge Technologies | Lionbridge Technologies". lionbridge.com. Retrieved 2014-03-24.
- "Lavorando per Google come quality rater (Lionbridge opinioni)" [Working for Google as a quality rater]. Corriere della Sera (in Italian). December 13, 2013. Retrieved February 4, 2014.
- "Lionbridge Technologies, Inc.". Stanford Law School Securities Class Action Clearinghouse. Stanford Law School. 2013. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- John Rotterman, Esq. (2007). "DerKevorkian v. Lionbridge Techs, Inc.". Immigration Daily. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "Interpretation service picketed by trade unions, activists". Metro Eireann. 10 July 2008. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "DIA Boston 2013: Great to See You! | Life SciencesLife Sciences". blog.lionbridge.com. Retrieved 2014-03-24.
- [dead link]
- "Lionbridge Named as a Finalist in Marketo's 2013 Revenue Performance Excellence Awards - Lionbridge Technologies | Lionbridge Technologies". lionbridge.com. Retrieved 2014-03-24.
- "Lionbridge GeoFluent Receives 2011 Product of the Year Award from Customer Interaction Solutions Magazine - Lionbridge Technologies | Lionbridge Technologies". lionbridge.com. Retrieved 2014-03-24.
- "2013 Top 20 Training Outsourcing Companies | Training Industry". trainingindustry.com. Retrieved 2014-03-24.
- "IAOP :: 2012 Global Outsourcing 100". iaop.org. Retrieved 2014-03-24.
- "Microsoft Recognizes Winners of Annual MSVP Awards". Microsoft. Microsoft. 2 October 2008. Retrieved 19 June 2013.