||This article has been nominated to be checked for its neutrality. (September 2011)|
Lipozene is a brand name dietary supplement sold by Obesity Research Institute, LLC. In its televised marketing campaign, Obesity Research Institute claims that taking Lipozene aides in shedding unwanted body fat.
Dosage and Ingredients
Lipozene has not been evaluated nor approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for effectiveness or substance.
Lipozene contains 1500 mg Amorphophallus Konjak. Amorphophallus Konjak is commonly referred to as konjac powder, and contains a water soluble polysaccharide called glucomannan that is regarded as a dietary fiber, along with other non-fibrous ingredients. The seller recommends two capsules with an 8 ounce glass of water before each meal.
The most common side effects that may be caused by Lipozene include:
Individuals who experience severe side effects are recommended to cease taking the supplement and seek medical attention. Which include but are not limited to;
- Difficulty Breathing
- Difficulty swallowing
- Changes in blood sugar levels
- Swelling of the face, mouth or tongue
- Rash or Hives
- Severe Diarrhea
- Dependency. If used for prolonged periods of time, Lipozene may cause dependency as the body begins to rely on it to pass waste, Constipation may occur upon cessation of usage.
No interactions are listed on the official website.
Lipozene has been reported to interact with diabetes medications as it may cause a decrease in blood sugar levels.
Due to the action of lipozene on the digestive tract, some medications may not be absorbed correctly.
- "Side Effects of Lipozene". Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "Lipozene Ingredients". Retrieved 11 August 2011.
- "Lipozene Website". Retrieved 11 August 2011.
- "Lipozene and Metabo Up FAQ". Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "Lipozene Side Effects". Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "Allergic Reaction". Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "Lipozene Pills". Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "Can You Take Lipozene and Metabo Up if You Are Pregnant?". Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "How Do I Take Lipozene Weight Loss Supplements?". Retrieved 2010-04-30.