||This article may contain promotional material and other spam. (September 2011)|
||This article has been nominated to be checked for its neutrality. (September 2011)|
Lipozene is a brand name of dietary supplement by Obesity Research Institute LLC, that claims to assist in loss of unwanted body fat.
Dosage and Ingredients
Lipozene contains 1500 mg Amorphophallus Konjak per capsule, more commonly referred to as konjac powder, which contains a certain amount of water soluble polysaccharide called glucomannan that is considered to be a dietary fiber, along with other non-dietary fiber materials. This product is not evaluated nor approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for effectiveness or substance.
The dosage recommended by the seller for people who need to lose weight is one capsule with an 8 oz glass of water before each meal. For those wishing to lose more weight in less time, 2 capsules may be taken at one time, 30 minutes before each meal.
The Lipozene bottle contains 60 pills.
The most common side effects that may be caused by Lipozene include:
Individuals who experience severe side effects are recommended to cease taking the supplement and seek medical attention. Which include but are not limited to;
- Difficulty Breathing
- Difficulty swallowing
- Changes in blood sugar levels
- Swelling of the face, mouth or tongue
- Rash or Hives
- Severe Diarrhea
- Dependency. If used for prolonged periods of time, Lipozene may cause dependency as the body begins to rely on it to pass waste, Constipation may occur upon cessation of usage.
No interactions are listed on the official website.
Lipozene has been reported to interact with diabetes medications as it may cause a decrease in blood sugar levels.
Due to the action of lipozene on the digestive tract, some medications may not be absorbed correctly.
- "Side Effects of Lipozene". Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "Lipozene Ingredients". Retrieved 11 August 2011.
- "Lipozene Website". Retrieved 11 August 2011.
- "Lipozene and Metabo Up FAQ". Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "Lipozene Side Effects". Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "Allergic Reaction". Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "Lipozene Pills". Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "Can You Take Lipozene and Metabo Up if You Are Pregnant?". Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "How Do I Take Lipozene Weight Loss Supplements?". Retrieved 2010-04-30.