|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009)|
Liquido was an alternative rock band formed in Germany in 1996 by four friends: Wolle Maier (drums), Wolfgang Schrödl (vocals, guitar, piano), Stefan Schulte-Holthaus (bass) and Tim Eiermann (vocals, guitar).
Their only notable international hit, "Narcotic", was first released on a demo in 1996 and sold over 700,000 units when Virgin Records re-released it in 1998. Since then, Liquido hasn't been able to repeat this success, which led to a split from Virgin after two unsuccessful albums. 2005 saw the release of an equally ill-fated album on the new label Nuclear Blast.
Nonetheless, Liquido gained somewhat of a cult following in their homeland. For example, "Narcotic" was elected "second best song of all times" by a local German radio station (the best song being "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin). In 2008, the band released a single called "Gameboy". In January 2009, the members of Liquido announced the breakup of the band on their official website.
- 1999 – Liquido (Virgin)
- 2000 – At the Rocks (Virgin)
- 2002 – alarm!alarm! (Virgin / EMI)
- 2004 – The Essential (Best of) (Virgin)
- 2005 – Float (Nuclear Blast)
- 2008 – Zoomcraft (Nuclear Blast)
- 1998 - Narcotic
- 1999 - Doubledecker
- 1999 - Clicklesley
- 2000 - Play Some Rock
- 2000 - Made in California
- 2000 - Tired
- 2002 - Why Are You Leaving?
- 2002 - Stay with Me
- 2002 - Shoot Me I'm a Fool (Radio-Single)
- 2002 - All Dead Wrong (Radio-Single)
- 2005 - Ordinary Life
- 2005 - Love Me, Love Me
- 2008 - Gameboy (Download-Single)
- 2008 - Pop the Bottle (Radio-Single)
- 2008 - On a Mission (Download-Single)