|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009)|
Liquido was an alternative rock band formed in Germany in 1996 by the four friends: Wolle Maier (drums), Wolfgang Schrödl (vocals, guitar, piano), Stefan Schulte-Holthaus (bass) and Tim Eiermann (vocals, guitar).
Their only notable international hit, "Narcotic", was first released on a demo in 1996 and sold over 700,000 units when Virgin Records re-released it in 1998. Since then, Liquido hasn't been able to repeat this success, which led to a split from Virgin after two unsuccessful albums. 2005 saw the release of an equally ill-fated album on the new label Nuclear Blast.
Nonetheless, Liquido gained somewhat of a cult following in their homeland. For example, "Narcotic" was elected "second best song of all times" by a local German radio station (the best song being "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin). In 2008, the band released the single Gameboy. In January 2009, the members of Liquido announced the breakup of the band on their official website.
- 1999 – Liquido (Virgin)
- 2000 – At the Rocks (Virgin)
- 2002 – alarm!alarm! (Virgin / EMI)
- 2004 – The Essential (Best of) (Virgin)
- 2005 – Float (Nuclear Blast)
- 2008 – Zoomcraft (Nuclear Blast)
- 1998 - Narcotic
- 1999 - Doubledecker
- 1999 - Clicklesley
- 2000 - Play Some Rock
- 2000 - Made in California
- 2000 - Tired
- 2002 - Why Are You Leaving?
- 2002 - Stay with Me
- 2002 - Shoot Me I'm a Fool (Radio-Single)
- 2002 - All Dead Wrong (Radio-Single)
- 2005 - Ordinary Life
- 2005 - Love Me, Love Me
- 2008 - Gameboy (Download-Single)
- 2008 - Pop the Bottle (Radio-Single)
- 2008 - On a Mission (Download-Single)
- http://www.liquido.de (WebSite is Closed)