|Lira Regional Referral Hospital|
|Uganda Ministry of Health|
|Hospital type||General and Teaching|
|Other links||Hospitals in Uganda
Medical education in Uganda
Lira Hospital is located in the city of Lira, Uganda, approximately 319 kilometres (198 mi), by road, north of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of Lira Hospital are:2°15'07.0"N, 32°54'05.0"E (Latitude:2.251944; Longitude:32.901389).
Lira Hospital is a public hospital, funded by the Uganda Ministry of Health and general care in the hospital is free. It is one of the thirteen (13) Regional Referral Hospitals in Uganda. The hospital is designated as one of the fifteen (15) Internship Hospitals in Uganda where graduates of Ugandan medical schools can serve one year of internship under the supervision of qualified specialists and consultants. The bed capacity of Lira Hospital in 2012, is quoted as 254.
- "Travel Distance Between Kampala And Lira With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Lira Hospital At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
- Uganda Has Thirteen Regional Referral Hospitals
- Medical Education in Uganda
- Oketch, Bill (13 October 2012). "Lira Hospital Faces Doctor Shortage". Daily Monitor Mobile (Kampala). Retrieved 27 October 2014.