From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Lis)
LIS or LiS may refer to:
- Lis (linear algebra library), Library of Iterative Solvers for linear systems
- LIS programming language
- Language-independent specification, a programming language specification providing a common interface usable for defining semantics applicable to arbitrary programming language bindings
- Local information systems, Information systems that systematically collects, processes, stores and disseminates intelligence about small geographic areas e.g. local neighbourhoods, for policymakers, citizens and others
- Location Information Server, a server that provides location information, either in the form of geographic location or a street address
- Logical IP subnetwork, a group of nodes sharing a common subnet in an ATM network
- an implementation of STREAMS for Linux
- Longest increasing subsequence,The algorithm used to find the longest increasing subsequence in an array of numbers.
- Li (李), a Hmong family name which may be also spelled as "Lee" or "Ly"
- The shortened version of the girl's name Elizabeth (given name)
- The shortened version of the girl's name Lisa
- Lis, Albania, a village in the Mat District, Dibër County, northern Albania
- LIS, the IATA airport code for the Portela Airport in Lisbon, Portugal
- Locate in Scotland (1981–2001), see replacement agency Scottish Development International
In popular culture
- Laboratory information system, databases oriented towards medical laboratories.
- Laser Isotope Separation, a means of producing enriched uranium from uranium ore
- Legume Information System, online resources and exploratory tools for legume researchers and breeders.
- Library and information science
- Locked-In syndrome, a type of paralysis
- Longest increasing subsequence, a classical algorithmic problem.
- Lymphocytic interstitial pneumonia
- Liquid-impregnated surface
- Lissencephaly, or smooth brain disease, caused by a mutation of the PAFAH1B1 human gene
In other uses
- Italian Sign Language or LIS (Lingua dei Segni Italiana), the visual language employed by deaf people in Italy
- Lis Coat of Arms, a Polish coat of arms
- Luxembourg Income Study (LIS), a cross-national database of income survey micro-data
- League and Self-Defense (Liga i Samoobrona), a proposed Polish political grouping
- Life insurance settlement, see Life settlement, a financial product for people with unwanted life insurance policies
- LIS, IATA code for Lisbon Airport
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title LIS.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.