|— Bodybuilder —|
April 4, 1978 |
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Weight||In Season: 147–150 lb (67–68 kg)
Off-Season: 160 lb (73 kg)
|Pro-debut||IFBB Tampa Pro, 2014|
|Best win||UKBFF British Championships, 2010|
Early life and education
Lisa was born in Rochdale in 1978. She had eating problems that began while studying for her GCSEs. Around the age of 15 she became anorexic. She gained all As and A*s in her GCSEs and then achieved four A-Levels which allowed her to take a degree in Russian and Politics at Birmingham University.
Lisa has been weight training since 2003 and has been conditioning for competitive entry since 2008. She first really got into bodybuilding in 2006 while she was living in Japan while she was teaching English. Her boyfriend at the time was a Japanese bodybuilding champion and he started reading up on bodybuilding, such as Negrita Jayde, and started training with weights. In 2007, after she got married, she went to see the 2007 Ms. Olympia competition for their honeymoon and was impressed when she saw female bodybuilders for the first time in real life. Former UK junior champion Lewis Breed oversees her training and pre-contest preparation for bodybuilding. She competed in her debut competition at the 2009 NABBA England, placing second place behind Jennie Ellam. She then competed at the 2009 NABBA Universe achieving second place to Larissa Cunha. Her best win was first place at the UKBFF British Championships, where she won the Ladies Physique class. On March 19, 2014, she announced that she had been awarded her IFBB pro card and can now compete as a pro.
Lisa attended her first IFBB professional competition at the 2014 Tampa Pro, where she placed 16th place.
- 2009 NABBA England - 2nd
- 2009 NABBA Universe - 2nd
- 2009 UKBFF Hercules - 1st
- 2010 UKBFF British Championships - 1st
- 2011 Arnold Amateur Europe - 4th
- 2011 Women’s World Amateur Championships - 4th (HW)
- 2013 Arnold Amateur Europe - 2nd
- 2014 IFBB Tampa Pro - 16th
Lisa is bisexual and currently single. She currently lives in Plymouth. She is a former police woman and English teacher. She speaks English, French, Russian and Japanese. This is due to her time living in France, Russia and Japan. In 2014, she published her first book, the Devil and Disciple - The Temptation. Her main sponsor is CNP Professional. She runs her own community gym.
- "Lisa Cross". Musclememory.com. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- "Lisa Cross September 15th, 2009". Web.archive.org. 2012-08-10. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- IFBB Tampa Pro
- "An Arresting Development". Flexonline.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- Innes, Emma (2013-09-18). "From just 500 calories a day to 5,000: Bodybuilder, 35, says lifting weights saved her from anorexia". Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- "Blog". Lisacross.com. 2014-06-18. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- "firstname.lastname@example.org". Sessiongirls.com. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- "bblisa.cross". Facebook.com. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- "About Lisa". Web.archive.org. 2010-09-05. Retrieved 2014-06-29.