December 11, 1959 |
Rockland County, New York
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Known for||The Gastineau Girls|
|Spouse(s)||Mark Gastineau (m. 1979–1991)|
Lisa D'Amico Gastineau (born December 11, 1959) is the co-star of the E! reality show The Gastineau Girls, which ran from 2005–2006. She is the mother of model and socialite Brittny Gastineau (her co-star on Gastineau Girls) and the ex-wife of NFL player Mark Gastineau.
Lisa is a 3rd generation New York native. Lisa was discovered as a teen model at a young age. Lisa attended the University of Alabama as a broadcast/communications major.
At age 19, Lisa met Mark Gastineau (who played for the New York Jets from 1979 to 1988), and they married in 1979. They separated in 1986, when Lisa became aware that Mark was having an affair with actress Brigitte Nielsen. Mark announced he was engaged to Nielsen in 1988 (they never married). The divorce was finalized in 1991.
Lisa has been a buyer, and proprietor of high end designer fashion, accessories and jewelry throughout New York. These boutiques included Avalon, Tres Glam, Lisa Pieces, and Trends.
In February 2005, E! Entertainment Channel debuted The Gastineau Girls starring Lisa and her daughter Brittny. The interest in glamour reality and lifestyle sparked a generation of reality shows to come. Lisa is a familiar face and expert on reality TV and fashion. Appearances include EXTRA, The View, Entertainment Tonight, Keeping up with the Kardashians, Oprah, E!, The Insider, Showbiz Tonight.
Currently Lisa designs and appears on HSN for Gastineau Glamour, and is the president/designer of Tres Glam fine jewelry. She resides in Los Angeles, California.
- Lloyd Grove with Hudson Morgan (September 22, 2005). "Fear and Self Loathing?". Daily News (New York). Retrieved January 30, 2010.("Lisa Gastineau isn't such a fan of her E! reality show, "Gastineau Girls," now filming its second season... And what of critics who say that she and her daughter Brittny don't even deserve their own TV show? ... 'The show wasn't about being Mark Gastineau's ex-wife.')
- Gastineaugirls.com, Lisa Gastineau Bio, Retrieved February 1, 2010
- Mike Puma (April 21, 2005). "Gastineau, King of Sack". ESPN. Retrieved January 30, 2010.("In 1988, while still married to his first wife Lisa, Gastineau announced his engagement to actress Brigitte Nielsen, with whom he later fathered a son. But the couple split amongst hushed talk that Gastineau physically abused her that she has yet to confirm. Gastineau later attributed his problems with women to his abuse of steroids. 'He had self-destructive tendencies,' said Lisa Gastineau, who married Mark in 1979. .. Six weeks after the Jets' (87-88) season concluded, Gastineau announced his engagement to Nielsen. He and his first wife Lisa had been separated since 1986, but their divorce wouldn't become final until 1991...)
- Associated Press (July 3, 1991). "Gastineau sacked in divorce settlement". The Daily News (Kentucky). Retrieved January 30, 2010.
- Renee Busby (March 21, 2005). "Former UA broadcast major star of reality TV show". Associated Press.