September 1, 1954 |
Los Angeles, California
|Occupation||Founder and President of Lisa Hoffman Beauty|
|Spouse(s)||Dustin Hoffman (1980-present; 4 children)|
|Children||4 including Jake Hoffman|
Lisa Jo Hoffman (née Gottsegen; born September 1, 1954) is an American businesswoman. She is the American founder and president of Lisa Hoffman Beauty.
Early life and academic career
Hoffman was born in Los Angeles, California, to parents William Lawrence Gottsegen, and Marcia Francis Gottsegen (née Salter). She graduated from University of Colorado at Boulder in 1976 with a bachelor’s degree in psychology.
Hoffman is married to American actor Dustin Hoffman. They married in Roxbury, Connecticut on October 12, 1980. Hoffman has two stepdaughters, Karina (born 1966) and Jenna (born 1970). Together, the couple have four children — Jacob Edward (born 1981), Rebecca Lillian (born 1983), Maxwell Geoffrey (born 1984), and Alexandra Lydia (born 1987).
In 2007, Hoffman released a line of beauty products under the brand Lisa Hoffman Beauty. Today, Hoffman is the Founder and President of Lisa Hoffman Beauty. Lisa Hoffman Beauty specializes in fine fragrance products. In 2008, Lisa Hoffman was named “Newcomer of the Year” by Women’s Wear Daily Magazine. Lisa Hoffman Beauty was also named “Beauty’s Top 40 of 2008” by Redbook Magazine. Also in 2008, Lisa Hoffman Beauty won an Allure Best of Beauty award. She won another Allure Best of Beauty in 2009. In 2009, Lisa Hoffman Beauty won two nominations for the Top Five FiFi® Finalist in the Unique Boutique category. The fragrances Madagascar Orchid and Japanese Agarwood were nominated alongside Acqua di Parma, Karl Lagerfeld, Chanel, and Tom Ford.
In 2012, Lisa Hoffman Beauty was nominated for two FiFi® Awards, in the category of Technological Breakthrough, for their fragrance tools and their "Fine Fragrance Jewelry" collection. The company has been recognized for advanced algorithms that identify personal fragrance preferences for consumers. Their "Fine Fragrance Jewelry" collection was nominated for an award in Technological Breakthrough in Packaging Technology and Delivery Systems. The company was also nominated as a finalist in the HBA International Package Design Awards (IPDA) - a industry specific award.
- "Lisa Jo Gottsegen, Born 09/01/1954". California Birth Index. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
- McCarthy, Fiona (22 July 2007), "Mrs. Hoffman Graduates In Beauty", You: 30–33
- Karimzadeh, Marc (11 January 2010), "FGI Announces Rising Star Finalist", Woman’s Wear Daily
- Kaye, Cheryl Kramer (2008), "Beauty Product Award Winners of 2008", Redbook
- "Allure Best of Beauty Body Award", Allure, 2008
- "2009 FiFi Finalists Announced". Cosmetic + Personal Care Packaging. 2008. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- "The 2009 FiFi Finalists Announced". Woman’s Wear Daily. 2009-05-27. Retrieved 2011-01-28.
- "Lisa Hoffman Beauty and HSN Launch Jewelry Collection for the Senses". PR Newswire. Jan 12, 2012. Retrieved April 30, 2012.
- "Top Three Finalists: Technological Breakthrough". FiFi Awards Wordpress.
- "MEDIA ALERT: Trends and New Innovations in Beauty, Fragrance, Personal Care & Skin Care". PR Newswire. Jan 12, 2012. Retrieved April 30, 2012.
- Lisa Hoffman Beauty Official Website