Lisa Holton is an American writer, editor and producer. She heads The Lisa Company, a writing, editing and research firm based in Evanston, IL. Holton serves corporate, college, nonprofit and editorial clients, and her writing has been featured in such national publications as "Southwest Spirit," The National Law Journal, Parents, the "ABA Journal and REALTOR Magazine. She is a former Business Editor of the Chicago Sun-Times and has has authored or edited 15 nonfiction books and ebooks including "Business Valuation for Dummies (with Jim Bates)" and "For Members Only: A History and Guide to Chicago's Oldest Private Clubs."
Books Written or Edited by Holton
- Business Valuation for Dummies (with Jim Bates), For Dummies/Wiley Publishing, 2009.
- The Essential Real Estate Dictionary, iTunes App/Sourcebooks, 2009.
- For Members Only: A History and Guide to Chicago’s Private Clubs, Lake Claremont Press, 2008.
- The Everything Guide to Mortgages, Adams Media, 2008.
- Accelerated Disruption by Eric Lefkofsky, 2007.
- The Encyclopedia of Financial Planning, FPA Press, Fall, 2006.
- Rental Property Investing: Know When to Buy, Hold and Flip, Socrates Media, 2006.
- Marketing by the Dashboard Light by Pat LaPointe, Marketing NPV, 2005.
- Are You Ready to Incorporate? Socrates Media, 2005.
- Buying a Franchise, Socrates Media, 2005.
- College Majors that Work – A Step-by-Step Guide to Choosing and Using Your College Major' by Michael Viollt, Octameron Associates, 2004.
- The Essential Dictionary of Real Estate, by Lisa Holton, Barnes & Noble Books, 2003.
- 100 Ways to Cut the High Cost of Attending College by Michael P. Viollt, Cooper Square Press, 2002.
- Strategic Planning for the Family Business by Randel S. Carlock and John L. Ward, Palgrave Press, 2001.
- How to be a Value Investor by Lisa Holton, McGraw-Hill, 1999.