Lisa Lashes at Escape into the Park
|Birth name||Lisa Dawn Rose-Wyatt|
|Also known as||DJ Lisa Lashes, The World's Number One Female DJ|
23 April 1971 |
Holbrooks, Coventry, UK
|Genres||Trance, Progressive Trance, Breaks, Hard dance, Hard house|
|Labels||Lashed Music (2007–present)|
Lisa Lashes (born Lisa Dawn Rose-Wyatt on 23 April in Holbrooks, Coventry, England), is an English electronic dance music DJ and music producer best known for her career as a female DJ, mixing numerous Euphoria albums, her Lashed dance music events and being the first and only female to be considered among the top ten DJs in the world by DJ Magazine.
She has headlined European and international music festivals such as Global Gathering, Creamfields, Nocturnal Wonderland and Dance Valley, UK events such as Godskitchen, Gatecrasher, Inside Out and Planet Love and in recent years she has toured China, Canada, US, Russia, Australia and New Zealand.
Lisa Dawn Rose Wyattwas born in Holbrooks, Coventry, where she grew up with her mother, father, 3 sisters and 2 brothers. Raised a Jehovah's Witness, on Sundays Lisa would attend meetings and knock on neighbours' doors with her parents to hand out The Watchtower and occasionally read from the Bible but her interest waned soon after her parents separated. In her early years Lisa went to John Shelton School, then to President Kennedy Comprehensive School and at 16 joined a 2-year youth training scheme with Marks & Spencers where she continued to climb up the ladder for 8 years.
Lisa first discovered a passion for dance music when she began clubbing at legendary events such as Miss Moneypenny's and Chuff Chuff where she got to see her favourite DJs of that time: Lisa Loud, John Kelly and the late Tony De Vit. Inspired by her newfound love for music, Lisa began practising on her friend's vinyl decks, buying records from charity shops and borrowing tunes from record libraries, practising for hours each day. Lisa soon decided to try her hand at djing outside of her bedroom walls, she just needed a name and a nickname she was given as a child for having long eyelashes seemed to suit well.. Lisa Lashes.
Lisa Lashes first emerged as a DJ in 1992 then later in 1995, she had organised to perform at a friend's boat party on the River Severn. It was here the agreement to meet up with Sundissential promoter Paul Madan or 'Madders' she got offered the second official advertisement to continue residency at the Sunday club in Birmingham.
In 2000 Lisa Lashes became the first and only female to be told to be among the top ten DJs in the world, by DJ Magazine in their annual top 100 list of the most popular DJs, voted for by readers.
2003–2010: The Launch of Lashed
In 2003, Lisa Lashes launched her 'Lashed events' in Ibiza influenced by the Tidy Trax Sound. Having held residencies in Ibiza for several years, playing Godskitchen, Judgement Sundays, Slinky, and Tonic, Lisa wanted to create something completely unique and so for 15 weeks in summer 2003, Lashed in Ibiza took over iconic nightclub 'Eden' in the heart of the San Antonio waterfront and it quickly became a sell out event. To bring Lashed to a global audience, Lisa teamed up with Nettwerk Management to promote Lashed as a premiere dance music event taking Lashed to China, Canada, America, Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan.
2010–Present: transition to trance music
In April 2010 Lisa Lashes launched her Lashed Podcast to showcase her trance sound which she had been gradually introducing into her DJ sets. This monthly podcast was made available to download on iTunes and her website and generated 90,000 subscribers in its first year. Lisa Lashes then began producing trance music with her debut release 'Election Day' being signed to Marcel Woods' Musical Madness label. She went on to release on labels such as Discover Dark, High Contrast, Reset Records and her own Lashed Music label, some of which received support from leading trance artists Armin van Buuren, Paul van Dyk and Judge Jules. Since her transition to trance music Lisa has performed at major trance events such as A State of Trance 550 in Den Bosch, Holland, Nocturnal Wonderland in California and Gatecrasher in Shanghai, she continues to tour and perform worldwide.
Albums and compilations
- Slinky (1999)
- Hard House Euphoria Volume 1 (2000)
- Lashed! (2000)
- The Tidy Girls Annual (2001)
- Extreme Euphoria Volume 1 (2002)
- Extreme Euphoria Volume 2 (2002)
- Extreme Euphoria Volume 3 (2003)
- Extreme Euphoria Volume 4 (2003)
- Get Lashed in Australia (2004)
- Summer Bangers (2004)
- Lashed (2005)
- Lashed Euphoria (2006)
- The Very Best of Extreme Euphoria (2007)
- Lisa Lashes (2007)
- Goodgreef Xtra Hard (2009)
- Hard Dance Icons 003 (2010)
Singles and EPs
- Tidy Girls EP (1999, Tidy Trax)
- Sundissential EP (1999, Tidy Trax)
- Unbelievable / Dance 2 The House (Don't Go) (2000, Tidy Trax)
- Lookin' Good (2000, Tidy Trax)
- Unbelievable (2000, Tidy Trax)
- What Can You Do 4 Me? (2003, Tidy Trax)
- Desire (2005, Gravity Trapp)
- Deadbeat (2005, Riot! Recordings)
- Can't Sleep (2007, Lashed Music)
- Always Faithful (2007, Lashed Music)
- Lashed Track (2008, Lashed Music)
- Zipp It! (2008, Lashed Music)
- Has It Come To This? (2009, Lashed Music)
- Nu Religion (2009, Kiddfectious)
- Disarray (2009, Lashed Music)
- Bondage & Whips (2009, Lashed Music)
- Dancefloor Orgy (2010, Lashed Music)
- Release Me (2010, Siren Trax)
- Bring on In / 12 Hours in Brixton (2010, Discover Dark)
- Lashed Theme (2010, Lashed Music)
- Election Day (2010, Musical Madness)
- F33L (2010, Lashed Music)
- Hold Tight (2010, Lashed Music)
- Emotions (2010, Lashed Music)
- 52 Degrees (2011, Reset Records)
- High Vision (2011, High Contrast)
- Numero Uno (2011)
- Mandala (2011)
- The Bends (2011)
- Illusionize (2011)
- Snapshot (2012)
- Interconnect (2012)
- Harmonic Degree (2013)
- Topaz (2013)
- Wanted To Feel (2013, Lashed Music)
- Kaleidoscope (2013, Fraction Records)
- ARPwave (2014, Pharmacy)
- Virus (2014 Fraction Records)
- What You Know (2014)
– exclusive to Social Deconstruction
- Mind Control (2012, Lashed Music)
- "House mistress". London: The Independent. 13 December 2004.
- "Biography". This Is Ull.
- "SuperTED.com – The Entertainment Directory".
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 313. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Synthtopia Interview". Synthtopia.com.
- "Beatsmeadia Interview". Beatsmedia.com.
- "Lisa Lashes Releases on Beatport". Beatport.com.
- "Trance International Article". TranceInternational.com.