Lisa Maxwell (actress)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010)|
at the 2009 BAFTA award ceremony in London
24 November 1963 |
Elephant and Castle, London, England
|Occupation||Actress, television presenter|
|Partner(s)||Paul Jessup (m. 1997)|
|Children||Beau (b. October 1999)|
Lisa Maxwell (born 24 November 1963) is an English actress and television presenter, best known for her roles in The Bill between 2002 and 2009. In 2009, Lisa joined the ITV lunchtime chat show Loose Women as a regular panellist and stayed until March 2014.
Born in the Elephant & Castle district of Southwark, South London in November 1963, she was trained at the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts, and first acted on TV aged 11 in a schools programme A Place Like Home. In 1981 she participated in BBC TV's A Song for Europe as a member of the group Unity. They finished in last place with the song "For Only a Day". When she was conceived, her father John Murphy had a pregnant wife. Her 22 year old mother Val returned to her parents' home, where all three brought her up. She met her father for the first time when she was 45. She has three paternal half-siblings.jhb
She then went on to become a presenter on a number of children's programmes including Children's ITV flagship magazine programme Splash!
In March 2009, Maxwell began appearing as a regular panellist on ITV's lunchtime chat show, Loose Women. However soon after starting she was forced to take a break after she fractured two ribs. She returned to the show on 10 June 2009. In March 2014, it was announced that she was to leave the show immediately, saying "It's not the same show". 
On 5 August 2008, Maxwell appeared in an episode of Daily Cooks Challenge.
On 27 February 2010, she took part in an episode of All Star Family Fortunes
On 30 April 2011, Maxwell was a participant on ITV's Sing If You Can show.
On 7 November 2012, Lisa was a contestant in All Star Mr & Mrs with her partner Paul.
On 28 December 2013, Lisa took part in a celebrity edition of the ITV game show The Cube in a Loose Women special alongside Sherrie Hewson and Denise Welch. Together they were defeated by The Cube, but took away £1,000 which they split between their three chosen charities.
In April 2009, during an appearance on The Paul O'Grady Show, Lisa revealed the deciding factor in her leaving was the long hours she worked on The Bill and that she had suffered two miscarriages during 2008. She also said her friend and co-star Roberta Taylor had convinced her to leave the show for the sake of her health.
Maxwell has never married. On 28 February 2012, just before a leap day (which would be the traditional day for a woman to propose), she proposed to her long-term partner Paul Jessup, with whom she has been in a relationship since 1997. She has one child with Jessup, a daughter who was born in October 1999, called Beau. Maxwell lives in the Cotswolds.
- Remembrance (1982)
- The Dark Crystal (1982) (voice) as Kira
- The Tripods (1985) as Zerlina
- The Benny Hill Show (1985) as Hill's Angel
- Bottom (1992) as Lily Linneker (episode 2.1 "Digger")
- Comedy Playhouse (1993) (TV) as Mojo (episode 1.5 "Once in a Lifetime")
- The Bill as DS/Acting DI/DI/DCI Samantha Nixon (2002–2009)
- M.I.T. (2003) as Acting DI Samantha Nixon
- Broken News (2005)
- Free Jimmy (2006) (voice) as Lise
- Loose Women (2009–2014) as Herself - Regular panellist
- The Paul O'Grady Show Christmas Pantomime (2009) as Fairy Rosebud
- 71 Degrees North (2011) as Herself - Contestant
- EastEnders (2013) as Naomi
- Lisa Maxwell Loose Women, ITV, 29 April 2010
- How I found my father after 45 years
- Kilkelly, Daniel (2 August 2013). "'EastEnders': Lisa Maxwell to play David Wicks's girlfriend". Digital Spy (Hearst Magazines UK). Retrieved 2 August 2013.
- "Bill star reveals baby heartache" Digital Spy, 18 April 2009
- Loose Women, 16 February 2011
- Loose Women, 27 March 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lisa Maxwell (actress).|