|Occupation||Director & Producer|
Lisa Wickham is a Media Producer-Director-TV Personality in Trinidad and Tobago. She is a former TV Presenter with Trinidad and Tobago Television (TTT) where she was the host of the daily morning prime time news and talk show "T&T This Morning" (2002–2005), host of the daily mid morning talk show Community Dateline, (1999–2000) host of the weekly teen talent show 'Party Time" (1987–1989) and cast member and segment host of the weekly children's show "Rikki Tikki" (1973–1985). Wickham started her career on television at the age of six. She is the CEO of Imagine Media International Limited. Imagine Media is best known for its line of television productions under the E-Zone Entertainment brand.
Wickham is the Producer-Director and Host of the Caribbean Entertainment TV Show "The E-Zone" (2002–present) which has been aired in 20 Caribbean countries, in Canada on Omni 1 and in the US on Centric/BET J.
Childhood and early career
Wickham first started on television in Trinidad and Tobago at the age of six making appearances on the live weekly children’s TV show Rikki Tikki aired on the national TV channel Trinidad and Tobago Television,TTT. At the age of thirteen she was given her own segment on the Rikki Tikki show to host known as the “Spelling Bee”, which she hosted while attending school at Holy Name Convent.
As a child and teenager Wickham was active in a number of social and community groups including the Queen's Royal College Scout Troupe, being one of the first female Venture Scouts in Trinidad and Tobago.
In 1987, Wickham was selected to host the weekly teen talent show “Party Time” alongside Wendell Constantine, which she hosted for the first four seasons from 1987-1989 on the national TV channel Trinidad and Tobago Television.
While on television, Wickham continued in her academic pursuits at the University of the West Indies from where she graduated with a B.Sc (Hons) in Management.
At the same time Wickham continued to present on TV and Radio shows and to host live concerts/shows across Trinidad and Tobago.
In 1999, she was invited to co-host of the mid-morning live talk show Dateline on Trinidad and Tobago Television,[TTT] alongside Allyson Hennessy.
In 2002, she was offered the premier role as host of Trinidad and Tobago Television’s live prime time morning talk show T&T This Morning, which she hosted and co-produced until the station closed in 2005. By this time Wickham had launched her own television production entity making the transition to Producer-Director and producing Caribbean syndicated shows such as “The E-Zone” and “Bon Mange” as well as music videos for some of the top Soca Artistes in the Caribbean like Shurwayne Winchester and Patrice Roberts. She had also begun to make Guest Host appearances on the prime time morning show of Barbados - Mornin' Barbados, on the National TV Channel CBC Caribbean Broadcasting Corporation 2002-2005.
By 2006 The E-Zone TV Show (produced, directed and co-presented by Wickham) had been picked up by Omni 1, Canada, and BET J, in the US having already aired in 20 Caribbean territories. The E-Zone TV Show features the people, places and faces of the West Indian Diaspora. It has been to Carnivals in London, Miami, Canada, New York and most of the Caribbean Islands, St. Kitts Music Festival, Dominica World Creole Music Festival, Antigua Sailing Week, St. Maarten Heineken Regatta among others. It has featured personalities including regional Prime Ministers, Presidents, International Recording Stars and Caribbean Artistes.
By 2008, Wickham had produced and directed shows for Black Entertainment Television (BET and BET J) like the St. Lucia Jazz Festival Post Show 2006 and 2007, the Turks and Caicos Music Festival, 2006 and the 2007 Trinidad Carnival Special. She continues to produce and direct with selected on-air appearances.
Wickham produced and directed the stage production of the 2007 and 2008 COTT Music Awards and produced and co-directed the edited TV version of the show which was aired across the Caribbean.
Lisa Wickham is an Alumna of the Warwick Business School, UK (MBA with Distinction), University of the West Indies (BSc. Hons), Wirschaft Universität, Vienna, Austria, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India and the London Film Academy. During and after her school years Wickham has published in a number of business journals and newspapers and has conducted a number of motivational sessions and workshops,- throughout the Caribbean, for schools, organizations, Government community projects and the Trinidad & Tobago Defence Force.
Her extensive experience spans from General Manager of the University of the West Indies, Institute of Business (IOB) to being Head of the Global Quality Exchange, a World Bank Project for Business Expansion and Industrial Restructuring for Trinidad & Tobago and CEO of Vision Marketing Caribbean Co. Ltd She is currently the C.E.O of E-Zone Entertainment, a Division of Imagine Media International Limited.
Appearing on television since the age of six, she successfully made the transition from children’s TV to adult contemporary TV, hosting a series of successful TV productions including a daily morning prime time TV Show on national TV in Trinidad and Tobago and the popular E-Zone entertainment TV Magazine show which has been syndicated throughout the Caribbean and in the US on BET J. She has been a contributor to BBC Radio 5 Live and BBC 1 XTRA and has produced TV programmes for BET/BET J as well as the Government of Trinidad and Tobago.
In 2006 she founded E-Zone the Mag! magazine which features articles on Caribbean entertainment personalities.E-Zone the Mag!, and E-Zone TV Show have been used as teaching tools for the Caribbean Studies CAPE exam course in some high schools in Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean.
In 2007 and 2008, she was the Artistic Director and Producer (for both stage and television) of the highly acclaimed Annual COTT Music Awards, including the COTT Foundation Awards Dinner.
In 2009, Lisa was also the Producer-Trinidad for the UNICEF-MTV HIV/AIDS awareness film „Tribes‟ shot in Trinidad. She followed this up in 2010, as the Associate Director for the Best of CaribbeanTales Film Festival, Symposium and Film Market in Barbados. Ms. Wickham is currently the Producer of the Frances-Anne Solomon film BREAK OUT on the sex trade and transactional sex in Trinidad and Tobago.
Some Work Produced/ Directed
Television Producer/Director –
TV SHOWS (Some)
- Trinidad and Tobago Local Government Debates 2013 – LIVE BROADCAST
- Tobago House of Assembly (THA)Government Debates 2013 – LIVE BROADCAST
- Dancing to the Rhythm of a Beat - TV feature filmed in South Africa 2012
- Trinidad and Tobago Local Government Debates 2010 – LIVE BROADCAST
- Ministry of Tourism – Tourism Today TV Series 2010 – 2011 (Tour and Explore, Beautiful Beginnings Manzanilla,Destination Blanchisseuse,Destination Paramin,Pot Spoon Throw Down(Blanchisseuse & Sangre Grande),Visitor Safety Consultative Meeting,Brasso Seco)
- Lisa Wickham‟s The E-Zone – Season 8 2011
- Ministry of Tourism – Beach Watch – Safety on the Beach – series of TV Ads – 2009 - 2011
- Parliament Channel – Government of Trinidad and Tobago – Documentary Feature – Parliamentary Personalities – Bissoondath Ojah-Maharaj (2011), Gloria Henry (2012)
- Ministry of Tourism – Tourism the Way Forward Video Feature 2010
- Ministry of Youth & Sport Affairs – 4-Part Youth Series on Youth Violence & Crime 2008
- Ministry of Youth & Sport Affairs – TV Feature – National Youth Parliament, 2008
- Business Development Corporation – (BDC) Corporate Feature and TV Spot Ad, 2008
- Digicel - “We Movin‟ Carnival Ad feat Destra & Kes 2008
- Common Cents – A Financial Programme by the Unit Trust Corporation
- Community Development Fund (CDF) “Transforming Lives” – The Duncan Street Boys
- BET/Ministry of Tourism Trinidad Carnival Special 2007
- BET Turks & Caicos Music Festival 2006
- BET St. Lucia Jazz Festival 2006 & 2007
- Ministry of Community Development, Culture & Gender Affairs – 19 Minute Documentary – “Ending the Impunity for Violence Against Women & Girls” International Women‟s Day 2007
- Ministry of Community Development Culture & Gender Affairs – Live Production Gender on the Agenda Series
- E-Zone Lifestyle & Entertainment – Broadcast regionally, in Canada and on BET J in the USA
- Bon Mange Culinary Programme – Broadcast regionally
- DESTRA Live on Location for UltimaxTV
- LIVE BROADCAST – Several Carnival events on UltimaxTV Carnival 2K10
Film & Festivals
- 2012 – Supervising Producer - Home Again - A dramatic feature film producer by Jennifer Holness & Don Carmody, written by Jennifer Holness and Sudz Sutherland and directed by Sudz Sutherland
- 2011 – Producer/Director - Forward Home, The Power of the Caribbean Diaspora - A documentary shot in New York, Toronto, Suriname, Guyana, Rotterdam, The Hague, Amsterdam, London, Jamaica on Diasporic Tourism and Investment.
- 2010 – Associate Director – The Best of CaribbeanTales Film Festival, Barbados
- 2010 – Producer – BREAK OUT – A Frances-Anne Solomon Film
- 2009 – Producer Trinidad – UNICEF/MTV film on HIV/AIDS Awareness ‘Tribes’
- 2002 – Public Relations & Sponsorship – Inaugural Anime Caribe Animation Festival
Advertisements/ Corporate Features (some)
- KLIM TVC (2013)
- NESTLE UHT TVC (2013)
- Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) CHRISTMAS TVC (2012)
- BLINK BMOBILE – Olympics – TVC (2012)
- BMOBILE – MOVE with Us – Carnival TVC (2011)
- BMOBILE – UNTOPPABLE Christmas TVC (2010)
- CaribbeanTales Incubator Video (2010)
- Republic Bank Youth Link Video Feature & Windows to Republic Corporate (2010)
- CARIB Drink What You Like – (2009)
- Business Development Corporation – (BDC) Corporate Feature and TV Spot Ad, (2008)
- Digicel - “We Movin‟ 2K8 Carnival Ad feat Destra & Kes
- BMobile – World Cup 2006 “Fatman” Ad - Winner of Best of Class TV and TV Gold Awards at the Caribbean ADDY’s
- CNMG TV – ICC World Cup Cricket Promos
- Tortillaz (Music Video Style) Dancing Ad
- Ministry of Social Development (NADAAP) Carnival & Christmas TV Campaign
- Ministry of Tourism, ICC Cricket World Cup Essay Writing Competition TV Ad
- DESTRA – Bacchanal (Winner Soca Music Video Awards UK SocaNews Awards)
- Shurwayne Winchester & Cecile – Rough Wine
- Shurwayne Winchester Dead or Alive
- Shurwayne Winchester & Maxi Priest– Make It Yours
- Shurwayne Winchester – Don’t Stop
- RIZON – Not Fuh Long/I Like Your Way
- RIZON - Reach
- Shurwayne Winchester – Open the Gate
- Patrice Roberts – Sugar Boy
- WYP - Position
- 3 Suns – Du Wop
- Shurwayne Winchester – Dead or Alive
- David Reid – Memories
Some Work Presented
- Play Whe International Power Soca Monarch and Digicel International Groovy Soca Monarch Competitions (2013)
- Bmobile International Soca Monarch and Play Whe Groovy Soca Monarch, Celebrity Commentary Panel Host (2009)
- T&T This Morning - Trinidad and Tobago Television (2002–2005)
- Live with Lisa Wickham - Trinidad and Tobago Television (2004 & 2004)
- Dateline - Trinidad and Tobago Television (1999–2000)
- Mornin Barbados - Caribbean Broadcasting Corporation, Guest Presenter (2002–2005)
- Icons of TV Mini Series - Trinidad and Tobago Television (2005)
- Gateway Jam, Carnival Special - Trinidad and Tobago Television (2003, 2004)
- Gayelle the Show, World Aids Day Special - Trinidad and Tobago Television (1988)
- Party Time - Trinidad and Tobago Television (1987–1989)
- Rikki Tikki - Trinidad and Tobago Television (1973–1985)
E-Zone TV Show Distribution
|Country Aired ||TV Station ||Seasons |
|ANTIGUA||Antigua Broadcasting Service||1-6|
|CARIBBEAN (CABLE)||CaribVision (20 territories)||1-6|
|BARBADOS||Caribbean Broadcasting Corporation||1-6|
|GRENADA||Grenada Cabletelevision- Community Channel 6||1-6|
|GUYANA||Guyana Television Broadcasting||1-6|
|JAMAICA||CVM Television Limited||1-6|
|ST. KITTS||ZIZ Broadcasting Television||1-6|
|ST. LUCIA||Daher Broadcasting Service||1-6|
|ST. MAARTEEN & ST. IGNATIUS & SABA||Channel 15||1-6|
|ST. VINCENT||St. Vincent & The Grenadines Broadcasting Corporation (SVG TV)||1-6|
|TRINIDAD||TV6, Trinidad and Tobago Television, Synergy TV, NCC TV4, Gayelle TV||1-5, 1-6, 4, 1-6 and Germany Special respectively|
- Action (1999) - Episode list
- Sitcoms Online - Action - The Complete Series DVD Review