April 5, 1961 |
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Occupations||Actress, singer, songwriter|
Lisa Zane (born April 5, 1961) is an American actress and singer.
Zane was born in Chicago, Illinois, the daughter of Thalia and William George Zane, Sr., founders of a medical technical school. Her family's original surname, "Zanetakos", was anglicized to "Zane" by her parents. Both of her parents are of Greek descent. She is the older sister of actor Billy Zane.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (December 2011)|
Zane's first film role was in the 1989 movie Heart of Dixie, and also that year, she starred in the film Gross Anatomy. Other film roles include Claire in the suspense movie Bad Influence (1990), Maggie Burroughs in Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991), and a gynecologist in Cruel But Necessary (2005).
Zane has originated many roles on stage, including Rita in Craig Lucas's Prelude to a Kiss and Cleo in Lyle Kessler's Robbers. Her stage debut was in David Mamet's adaptation of The Cherry Orchard at the Goodman Theatre.
Zane has starred in many television series. She appeared on L.A. Law as Melina Paros from 1992 to 1993, as well as JoAnne Meltzer on Profit, Roar, and Dinotopia for Hallmark. She voiced She-Hulk in the 1990s cartoon The Incredible Hulk. She also voiced Charley in Biker Mice from Mars. Zane had a recurring role on the NBC television series ER as Diane Leeds.
- Gross Anatomy (1989) as Luann
- Heart of Dixie (1989) as M.A.
- The Age of Insects (1990) as Sara
- Bad Influence (1990) as Claire
- Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991) as Maggie Burroughs
- Femme Fatale (1991) as Elizabeth/Cynthia/Maura
- Unveiled (1994) as Stephanie Montgomery
- Terrified (1995) as Pearl
- Baby Face Nelson (1995) as Helen Womack
- Profit (1996) as Joanne Meltzer
- Roar (TV series) (1997) as Queen Diana
- The Nurse (1997) as Laura Harriman
- A Table for One (1999) as Ariana Harpwood
- The Secret Pact (2001) as Denise Wokowski
- Monkeybone (2001) as Medusa
- Dinotopia (2002) as LeSage
- Cruel But Necessary (2005) as the Gynecologist
- Lisa Zane Biography (1961-)
- The Brigadoon of Film Fests
- Dinges, Barnaby (1990-03-18). "Lisa Zane looks soberly at `Influence' Chicago actress has bold words about role and co-star Rob Lowe". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 2010-12-03.
- Billy Zane Interview"BloodRayne"Movie: Tim Nasson
- billy zane