||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)|
|Full name||Lisiate Tafa|
|Date of birth||10 October 1979|
|Place of birth||Pangai, Tonga|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight||15 st 2 lb (96 kg)|
|School(s) attended||Taufa'ahau Pilolevu College|
|Current club||Sedgley Park R.U.F.C.|
|* Professional club appearances and points
counted for domestic first grade only.
Lisiate Tafa (born 10 October 1979 in Ha'apai, Tonga) is an inside/outside center and utility who plays rugby union football for English club Sedgley Park in the National One Division and Tonga. He has played for Sedgley Park in 2008-9, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011-12. He is well known for his speed, tactical play and ability to break tackles.
Tafa originally made a name for himself with Bradford and Bingley RFC, when he made his début in the English game in the 2004–5 season. At that time Bradford and Bingley were in National 3 North. At the end of the season, Tafa moved to Derby RFC for 2005-6, and to Hertford RFC for the 2006-7 season.
When Tafa returned to Bradford and Bingley's Wagon Lane for the 2007-8 season, his reasons were simple. "I married a local girl, Melissa," said the 27-year-old. The couple met in his first year at Bradford and Bingley in 2004.
Honours: Tonga, 3 caps. Tonga A, 15 caps
- Sedgley Park, Sedgley Park R.U.F.C.
- Tonga national rugby union team
- Tonga National Team, List of Tonga national rugby union players
- Telegraph and Argus, September 2007, http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/1659156.Heartening_start_to_Spence_Hassan_era/
- Epsom Guardian, March 2011, http://www.epsomguardian.co.uk/sport/8893002.Rugby_greats_turn_out_in_force_for_Southern_Hemisphere_Charity_Day_at_London_Welsh/
|This biographical article relating to Tongan rugby union is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|