||This article needs attention from an expert in Biography or Canada. (August 2009)|
February 3, 1972 |
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Dress size||4 (US)|
|Manager||KM Model Management in NYC, Heffner Models in Seaattle, LA Models in LA, Bettys Models in Miami, Spot 6 in Toronto, and Folio in Montreal|
On January 14, 2007, Samir Dervisevic, a New York City doorman, struck her in the face with a Glass Vodka bottle. She was rushed to a hospital where she received 46 stitches. Derisevic pleaded guilty in October, and was sentenced to 30 days in jail and three years' probation, according to court records. He was arrested again in July 2008 and charged with the same crime and did one year in jail for breaking his probation
In January, 2009, after an anonymous blogger on a website called Skanks in NYC been called her 'skanky' and 'an old hag', Cohen filed a defamation suit seeking a court order compelling Google and its Blogger service to identify the anonymous blogger. The blog had described her in disparaging and allegedly defamatory terms and displayed pictures of her simulating sex with a man at a party. In August 2009, a Manhattan Supreme Court judge ruled that Cohen was entitled to know the name of the blogger who had authored the blog, ordering Google to release the blogger's name. Cohen then filed a defamation lawsuit against the blogger, Rosemary Port, for $3 million. Port then announced plans to sue Google for $15 million for breach of a fiduciary duty to protect her privacy, but has never filed any papers.
- canada.com | Article
- Liskula Cohen in the Fashion Model Directory
- Report of slashing incident in 2007
- Wauters, Robin (2009-01-07). "Model Sues Google Over Snarky Blogger Remarks". TechCrunch (Washington Post).
- Martinez, Jose (2009-01-06). "Model Liskula Cohen sues Google over blogger's 'skank' comment". New York Daily News.
- "Vogue model Liskula Cohen wins right to unmask offensive blogger", Times Online, August 19, 2009
- Rosemary Port identified as Liskula Cohen's blogger
- Amira, Dan (2009-08-21). "The Two Sides of Accused Model-Skank Liskula Cohen". New York Magazine.
- James Temple (2009-08-24). ""Skank" blogger to sue Google for $15 million". San Francisco Chronicle.
|This biographical article about a Canadian model is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|