Lisle High School
|Lisle High School|
|5211 Center Ave.
Lisle, Illinois, 60532
|School type||public, secondary|
|School district||Lisle Community SD 202|
|Superintendent||Dr. Keith Filipiak|
|Average class size||20.3 (2010)|
|Athletics conference||Interstate 8|
Lisle High School is a public four-year high school located in Lisle, Illinois, a western suburb of Chicago, Illinois, in the United States. It is the part of Lisle Community Unit School District 202.
Lisle Community High School first opened in 1957, at the location of the current junior high. It remained there until 1974, after the elementary and high school districts merged to form Lisle Community Unit School District 202. A new building was erected for the incoming class of 1975. In 2001, the high school received a makeover. The most notable changes were: the addition of a new auditorium, eight new classrooms, new band and choir rooms, and a second gym with a balcony. The class of 2007 was the 50th class to graduate from Lisle Senior High School.
In 2011, Lisle had an average composite ACT score of 23.1 and graduated 97% of its senior class. Lisle has made Adequate Yearly Progress on the Prairie State Achievements Examination, a state test part of the No Child Left Behind Act.
The staff consists of 41 teachers; the average class size 20.9 students.
- Cross Country
- Lionettes Dance team
- Scholastic Bowl
Lisle Senior High won its first IHSA state championship in 1985, when the women's volleyball team won the tile. Within the last few years, Lisle Senior High has had a progressive set of athletic teams. The Boys Soccer Team won super sectionals 2 years in a row, winning the 1A state championship in 2010, and finishing in 2nd in 2011. The girls soccer team placed 4th in state in the 2010 and 2012 seasons. The scholastic bowl team at Lisle has won 2 state championships in a row (2010, 2011), earning the school's first state title in 25 years. In 2013 the Boys Baseball Team won the class 2A State Title. Lisle is well known for its competitive wrestling team, who has sent many wrestlers to the state competition.
- Key Club
- C.T.A.O -Coming Together As One/Be the change club
- Student Government
- Science Olympiad
- Ecology Club
- National Honors Society
- Gay Straight Alliance
- Spanish Club
- French Club
- Brian Dugan, a convicted killer, who confessed to the killing of Naperville girl, Jeanine Nicarico, attended, but did not graduate from Lisle High School
- John Grochowski, author and radio personality 
- Lester Lewis, television writer for The Larry Sanders Show
- "District 202 Staff Directory" (PDF). Lisle Community SD 202. November 2010. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "Illinois Interactive Report Card". Illinois State Board of Education. 2010. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "Lisle Sr. High School". Illinois High School Association. 8 April 2011. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- Illinois School Report Card
- Gutkowski, Christy; Inside the FBI files of Brian Dugan Interviews with parent, siblings give rare insight into man convicted of two sex slayings and charged in Jeanine Nicarico's murder; 7 January 2007; Daily Herald; accessed 13 July 2009
- Gutkowski, Christy; A lifetime of violence Brian Dugan stands accused of abducting, raping and murdering Jeanine Nicarico, but his life of crime goes much deeper; 30 November 2005; Daily Herald; accessed 13 July 2009