|Città di Lissone|
Cathedral of St.Peter and St.Paul
|Motto: Omnia vincit humilitas|
|Province||Monza and Brianza (MB)|
|Frazioni||Santa Margherita, Bareggia|
|• Mayor||Concetta Monguzzi|
|• Total||9 km2 (3 sq mi)|
|Elevation||191 m (627 ft)|
|Population (December 31, 2010)|
|• Density||4,700/km2 (12,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||St. Peter and St. Paul|
|Saint day||Monday after 3rd Sunday of October|
Lissone has a population of 42,474 inhabitants and a surface of 9 square kilometres (3.5 sq mi) thus showing a population density of 4,719 inhabitants per square kilometer. It rises 191 metres (627 ft) above sea level.
The municipality of Lissone had a population of 32,177 inhabitants accordingly to the results of the national census made in 1991. After the national census made in 2001 the population was 34,450 inhabitants, thus showing during the years 1991–2001 a percentual variation of 7.06% inhabitants, principally due to the choice of the local administration to develop new buildings. The inhabitants were distributed in 12,690 families with an average of 2.71 people per family.
The town of Lissone is subdivided into several zones, called frazioni (administrative) and quartieri :
• Bareggia • Santa Margherita • Aliprandi
( in Lombard language : Cassin)
• Barüs • Gesa Granda e piazza Libertà • Burgh, Maria Bambina e via Aliprandi • San Ròch • Salèta (da dopu piazza Maria Bambina) • Cruséta, da duè sa va a la Barégia, al San Giorcc a Santa Margherita e peu a l’ Alipranda cun cassina Bini e San Pedar • Barbìs, fina al San Giorcc • Rutunda • Cunvegn e Baldirüna cun la Misericordia e la cassina San Mauro • Vialort fina a Panceri • Da Là dal Punt
The territory of the municipality lies between 181 and 216 metres (594 and 709 ft) above sea level. The elevation span is thus 35 metres (115 ft). The city is served by the SS36- Highway of Lake of Como and Spluga and by the Milan–Chiasso railway line.
There are 1,029 industrial firms employing 3,838 people that are the 34.59% of the total of the workers. There are 948 service firms employing 2,879 people that are the 8.54% of the total of the workers. There are also 1,077 firms employing 3,209 people that are the 25.95% of the total of the workers. There are also 92 administrative offices employing 1,130 workers that are the 9.71% of the total of the workers. There is a total of 11,095 workers, that are the 32.21% of the inhabitants of the municipality.
Lissone received the honorary title of city with a presidential decree on November 27, 1982.
Lissone is served by Lissone-Muggiò railway station.
 - Demographic Stats (first eight nationalities)
Number of immigrants at 2011
- http://www.comune.lissone.mb.it/flex/cm/se/search.php/L/IT/ST/1?frmSearchText=popolazione&x=8&y=9 Population report from Official Website
- new Monza and Brianza code