List of songs recorded by Thirty Seconds to Mars
Thirty Seconds to Mars is an American rock band from Los Angeles, California, formed in 1998. With three studio albums, the band has produced over forty songs (that were recorded in studios). Ten of the songs were released as singles, and four as promotional singles.
Thirty Seconds to Mars' self-titled debut album featured two singles, "Capricorn (A Brand New Name)" and "Edge of the Earth", which reached the top ten on the UK Rock Chart. The former also peaked at number 31 on the Mainstream Rock Tracks. The band's second album, A Beautiful Lie (2005), produced four singles: "Attack", "The Kill", "From Yesterday", and "A Beautiful Lie". "Attack" was most added track on alternative radio in its first week while "The Kill" set a record for the longest-running hit in the history of the Hot Modern Rock Tracks when it remained on the national airplay chart for more than 50 weeks, following its number three peak in 2006. The third single, "From Yesterday", topped the Hot Modern Rock Tracks for several weeks. "A Beautiful Lie" was released as the album's fourth single in some territories, including Portugal, where it reached number eight on the chart. The band's third album, This Is War, was released in December 2009. Its first two singles, "Kings and Queens" and "This Is War", peaked at number one on the Alternative Songs and reached number four on the Rock Songs. The third single, "Closer to the Edge", holds the record for most weeks spent at the number one during 2010 on the UK Rock Chart when it remained at the top for eight consecutive weeks. "Hurricane 2.0" was released as the album's fourth single in some territories. From the album were also released two promotional singles, "Search and Destroy" and "Night of the Hunter".
The following is a table of all songs released by Thirty Seconds to Mars.
- The columns Title, Year, and Album list each song title, the year in which the song was released, and the official studio album it appeared on.
- The column Songwriter(s) lists the writer(s) of each song.
The majority of the songs were recorded with Jared Leto, Shannon Leto, and Tomo Milicevic. However, some songs were performed with former members Matt Wachter and Solon Bixler, or additional musicians such as Bob Ezrin, Maynard James Keenan, or Mike Einziger.
- "Works performed by: 30 Seconds to Mars". American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- "30 Seconds to Mars > Songs > All Songs". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- "30 Seconds to Mars discography". Discogs. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- "The Official UK Rock/Metal Charts for the week ending January 19, 2008". ChartsPlus (IQ Ware Ltd) (334): 18.
- "Mainstream Rock Tracks". Billboard (Nielsen Company) 114 (40): 85. October 5, 2002.
- Simmons, Darryn (August 4, 2005). "30 Seconds to Mars comes to Montgomery's Off the Wagon". Montgomery Advertiser. Gannett Company.
- "Thirty Seconds to Mars". EMI Music Canada. Retrieved October 18, 2010.
- "From Yesterday – 30 Seconds to Mars". Billboard. Nielsen Company. Retrieved June 24, 2010.
- "Top Digital AFP: Top 30 Ring Tones – Semana 19 de 2008" (in Portuguese). Artistas-espectaculos.com. Retrieved October 12, 2010.
- "Kings and Queens – 30 Seconds to Mars". Billboard. Nielsen Company. Retrieved October 20, 2010.
- "This Is War – 30 Seconds to Mars". Billboard. Nielsen Company. Retrieved October 20, 2010.
- "Top 40 Rock & Metal Singles – 28th August 2010". The Official Charts Company. Retrieved October 19, 2010.
- Sigel, Tego (September 20, 2010). "Thirty Seconds To Mars Announce New Single Search & Destroy and UK Tour Dates". RWD Magazine. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- Montgomery, James (April 29, 2011). "30 Seconds To Mars Reveal New Single To Be 'Night Of The Hunter'". MTV (MTV Networks). Retrieved March 16, 2012.