List of 3D computer graphics software
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Aladdin4D is a multi-platform commercial 3D rendering and animation package.
- Anim8or is a proprietary freeware 3D rendering and animation package.
- Animation:Master from HASH, Inc is a modeling and animation package that focuses on ease of use. It is a spline-based modeler. Its main speciality is character animation.
- Aqsis is a free rendering suite compliant with the RenderMan standard.
- Art of Illusion is a free software package developed under the GPL.
- AutoQ3D is a GPLed cross-platform modeler.
- Blender is a free and open-source computer program for 3D modeling, animation, and rendering
- Brazil is a proprietary rendering engine for 3ds Max and VIZ
- Bryce This proprietary software by DAZ Productions is known for use in landscape development.
- Carrara (DAZ Productions) is a 3D complete tool set package for 3D modeling, texturing animation and rendering; and Amapi and Hexagon (DAZ Productions) are 3D packages often used for high-end abstract and organic modeling respectively.
- Cheetah3D is proprietary software primarily aimed at amateur 3D artists with some medium- and high-end features
- Cinema 4D is a full featured proprietary 3D program by Maxon, very popular in the 3D motion graphics world.
- DAZ Studio a proprietary freeware specialized tool for adjusting parameters of preexisting models, posing and rendering them. Similar to Poser, but more limited in functionality. A commercial version extends functionality for creating rigging of characters and shaders for rendering.
- DX Studio a complete integrated development environment for creating interactive 3D graphics. The system comprises both a real-time 3D engine and a suite of editing tools. It is the first proprietary product to offer a complete range of tools in a single IDE.
- Electric Image Animation System a proprietary is a 3D animation and rendering package available on both Mac OS X and Windows. Mostly known for its rendering quality and rendering speed it does not include a built-in modeler.
- FaceGen is a proprietary source of human face models for other programs.
- FPrime for Lightwave adds a very fast preview and can in many cases be used for final rendering.
- fragMOTION is a powerful 3D modeler used for the creation and animation of characters.
- Gelato is a hardware-accelerated, non-real-time renderer created by graphics card manufacturer NVIDIA.
- Grome is a 3D environment editor for terrain, water and vegetation suitable for games and other 3D real-time applications.
- Hexagon (DAZ Productions) is a 3D subdivision modeler with an emphasis on organic modeling.
- HyperShot was a real-time photorealistic renderer for high resolution images.
- iClone is a 3D animation suite that uses true WYSIWYG real-time rendering, enabled by using a videogame engine.
- ICON Quote System a web-based (ClickOnce) program that allows individuals to design their own metal buildings online, view a Real-time (3D rendering), and retrieve a cost estimate via (PDF).
- Indigo Renderer is a closed source photorealistic renderer that uses XML for scene description. Exporters available for Blender, Maya (Mti), form•Z, Cinema4D, Rhino, 3ds Max.
- K-3D is a GNU modeling, animation, and rendering system available on Linux and Win32. It makes use of RenderMan-compliant render engines. It features scene graph procedural modelling similar to that found in Houdini.
- Kerkythea is a freeware rendering system that supports raytracing. Currently, it can be integrated with 3ds Max, Blender, SketchUp, and Silo (generally any software that can export files in obj and 3ds formats). Kerkythea is a standalone renderer, using physically accurate materials and lighting.
- LightWave 3D is a commercial 3D modeling and animation suite.
- LuxRender is an unbiased open source rendering engine featuring Metropolis light transport.
- MakeHuman is a GPL program that generates 3D parametric humanoids.
- Match moving software is commonly used to match live video with computer-generated video, keeping the two in sync as the camera moves.
- Maxwell Render is a multi-platform renderer which forgoes raytracing, global illumination and radiosity in favor of photon rendering with a virtual electromagnetic spectrum, resulting in very authentic looking renders. It was the first to market.
- Medieval History Database is an online 3D rendering and reconstruction software project, developed as both a Unity webplayer and a standalone client.
- mental ray is another popular renderer, and comes default with most of the high-end packages. (Now owned by NVIDIA)
- MeshLab is a free Windows, Linux and Mac OS X application for visualizing, simplifying, processing and converting large three dimensional meshes to or from a variety of 3D file formats.
- MetaCreations Detailer and Painter 3D are discontinued software applications specifically for painting texture maps on 3-D Models.
- MicroStation is proprietary 2D / 3D modelling program with extensive import/export capabilities by Bentley Systems.
- MilkShape 3D is a shareware/trialware polygon 3D modelling program with extensive import/export capabilities.
- modo Polygon and subdivision surface modeling, sculpting, 3D painting, animation and rendering package developed by Luxology, LLC.
- Moment of Inspiration (MoI) is a 3D modeling program designed for Microsoft Windows and aimed at designers and artists.
- Mudbox Mudbox is a high resolution brush-based 3D sculpting program, that claims to be the first of its type. The software was acquired by Autodesk in 2007.
- Octane Render is a GPU-accelerated unbiased rendering engine based on Nvidia CUDA.
- OpenFX is a modeling and animation studio, distributed under the GPL.
- PhotoRealistic RenderMan is the renderer developed by Pixar, used in many studios. Animation packages such as 3DS Max and Maya can pipeline to RenderMan to do all the rendering.
- Pixie is an open source photorealistic renderer.
- Poser (Smith Micro) Poser is a 3D rendering and animation computer program optimized for models that depict the human figure in three-dimensional form and is specialized for adjusting features of preexisting character models via varying parameters. It is also for posing and rendering of models and characters. It includes some specialized tools for walk cycle creation, cloth and hair.
- POV-Ray (or The Persistence of Vision Raytracer) is a freeware (with source) ray tracer written for multiple platforms.
- RealFlow simulates and renders particle systems of rigid bodies and fluids.
- Realsoft3D Real3D Full featured 3D modeling, animation, simulation and rendering software available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and Irix.
- Rhinoceros 3D is a commercial modeling tool which has excellent support for freeform NURBS editing.
- Remo 3D is a commercial 3D modeling tool specialized in creating 3D models for realtime visualization.
- Shade 3D is modeling, animation and rendering software with high precision curved surface modeling and advanced render to 3D animation, including stereoscopic Anaglyph rendering for 3D television.
- Seamless3d NURBS based modeling and animation software with much of the focus on creating avatars optimized for real time animation. It is free, open source under the MIT license.
- SketchUp is a A 3d software mostly used by Architecture , The company was owned independently from 2000 to 2006, then by Google, and from 2012 by Trimble Navigation
- SquidNet-NDP is a commercially available product for rendering 3D animations within a distributed network environment.
- Sunflow is an open source, photo-realistic renderer written in Java.
- Swift3D a Flash 3D authoring application.
- VRay is promoted for use in the architectural visualization field used in conjunction with 3ds max and 3ds viz. It is also commonly used with Maya.
- YafaRay raytracer/renderer distributed under the LGPL license.
- ZBrush is a 3D sculpting program developed by Pixologic.