List of ATSC standards
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- A/52B: audio data compression (Dolby AC-3 and E-AC-3)
- A/53E: "ATSC Digital Television Standard" (the primary document governing the standard)
- A/55: "Program Guide for Digital Television" (now deprecated in favor of A/65 PSIP)
- A/57A: "Content Identification and Labeling for ATSC Transport" (for assigning a unique digital number to each episode of each TV show, to assist DVRs)
- A/63: "Standard for Coding 25/50 Hz Video" (for use with PAL and SECAM-originated programming)
- A/64A "Transmission Measurement and Compliance for Digital Television"
- A/65C: "Program and System Information Protocol for Terrestrial Broadcast and Cable" (PSIP includes virtual channels, electronic program guides, and content ratings)
- A/68: "PSIP Standard for Taiwan" (defines use of Chinese characters via Unicode 3.0)
- A/69: recommended practices for implementing PSIP at a TV station
- A/70A: "Conditional Access System for Terrestrial Broadcast"
- A/76: "Programming Metadata Communication Protocol" (XML-based PMCP maintains PSIP metadata though a TV station's airchain)
- A/79: "Conversion of ATSC Signals for Distribution to NTSC Viewers" (recommended practice, issued February 2009)
- A/80: "Modulation and Coding Requirements for Digital TV (DTV) Applications Over Satellite" (ATSC-S)
- A/81: "Direct-to-Home Satellite Broadcast Standard" (not yet implemented by any services)
- A/90: "Data Broadcast Standard" (for datacasting)
- A/92: "Delivery of IP Multicast Sessions over Data Broadcast Standard" (for IP multicasting)
- A/93: "Synchronized/Asynchronous Trigger Standard"
- A/94: "ATSC Data Application Reference Model"
- A/95: "Transport Stream File System Standard" (TSFS is a special file system for downloading computer files)
- A/96: "ATSC Interaction Channel Protocols" (interactive TV)
- A/97: "Software Data Download Service" (used by UpdateTV for upgrades and software patches in ATSC tuners)
- A/100: "DTV Application Software Environment - Level 1" (DASE-1)
- A/101: "Advanced Common Application Platform" (ACAP)
- A/110A: "Synchronization Standard for Distributed Transmission" (single-frequency networks)
- A/112: E-VSB
- the main ATSC standard has been recently amended to support Enhanced ATSC; this transmission mode is backwardly compatible, but provides much better error correction.