List of Ajax frameworks
|YUI Library, a set of utilities and controls, for building richly interactive web applications using techniques such as DOM scripting, DHTML and Ajax||BSD|
|ASP.NET AJAX, a set of extensions to ASP.NET for implementing Ajax functionality.||Microsoft Public License|
|Spry framework, an open source Ajax framework developed by Adobe which is used in the construction of Rich Internet applications.||BSD|
|Ext JS, a library that extends Prototype, Jquery and YUI until version 1.0. Since version 1.1 a standalone Ajax framework.||GPLv3 or proprietary|
Other frameworks not among the most used include:
- AJAX.OOP, an open source framework, providing an OOP-style coding engine and Ajax requests-handling functionality to create web 2.0 components.
- Ample SDK, standards-based Ajax framework, enabling Rich Internet application development
- Backbone.js, loosely based on the Model-View-Controller application design paradigm
- Bindows, an enterprise Ajax framework, with Windows look and feel.
- jx, a tiny cross-browser AJAX library weighing less than 1KB.
- Smartclient, provides a zero-install DHTML/Ajax client engine, rich user interface components & services and client-server databinding systems.
- SproutCore, designed to make desktop-like apps for the web.
These frameworks use Java for server-side Ajax operations:
- Apache Wicket an open-source Java server-centric framework supporting Ajax development
- AribaWeb an open-source framework with Reflection and Object-Relational mapping
- Backbase enterprise Ajax for JSF
- Context Framework an open-source framework focused on Ajax-based page updates
- DWR Direct Web Remoting
- Echo for Ajax servlets
- FormEngine a framework for easy creation of dynamic forms
- ItsNat a server-side Java framework focused on single-page interface applications
- JackBe enterprise Ajax framework
- OpenWAF an open-source Web Application framework for Web 2.0 Applications.
- OpenXava model-driven framework for creating Ajax business applications
- RAP Eclipse Rich Ajax Platform
- JBoss RichFaces, ICEfaces and PrimeFaces open-source Ajax component libraries for JavaServer Faces
- Tersus an open-source platform for developing rich web applications by visual programming
- Vaadin a server-side Java widget framework utilizing GWT
- ZK an open-source Java server+client fusion Ajax framework utilizing jQuery and XUL
The following frameworks are available for the Windows .NET platform:
- ASP.NET AJAX (previously Microsoft Atlas)
- Ajax.NET Professional
- Gaia Ajax for ASP.NET (GPL or proprietary)
- Visual Web Gui
- Web.Ajax (open source)
- Catalyst, Catalyst::Plugin::Prototype or other js frameworks
A PHP Ajax framework is able to deal with database, search data, and build pages or parts of page and publish the page or return data to the XMLHttpRequest object.
- Phery is a library that makes you able to manipulate the DOM directly from PHP through jQuery
- CJAX Framework
- Quicknet is an Ajax framework that provides secure data transmission, uses PHP on the server side
- Sajax PHP framework with a lot of functions, easy to integrate functions yourself
- Xajax uses only the XML format, on the server side
- JAX Framework an Open-Source, AJAX-based Web Application Framework built on jQuery, PHP, phpdaogen and phpreportgen. Includes YAML-driven database schema, simple database schema migration, and code generators for rapid development of CRUD/Admin pages.
- J4P micro ajax J4P micro ajax in a simple way brings extensive ajax functionality in PHP applications at a minimum of size. You also can use a wide range of the jQuery library on PHP side.
These frameworks use Python for client-side Ajax operations:
See also