List of Allied traitors during World War II
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of Allied traitors during World War Two)
The following is a list of people from Allied countries suspected of treachery or treason during World War II. It is not a list of Nazi war criminals.
- Kanao Inouye - Guilty, executed on 27 August 1947
- John Amery - Guilty, executed on 19 December 1945
- Norman Baillie-Stewart - Guilty, sentenced to 5 years in jail
- Harold Cole - Con man/thief/deserter/betrayed escaped airmen and French Resistance members to the Gestapo-killed by French Police 1945. See http://www.rafinfo.org.uk/rafescape/guerisse.htm
- William Joyce - Guilty, executed on 3 January 1946
- Walter Purdy - Propaganda broadcaster and informer at Colditz
- Theodore Schurch - Guilty, executed on 4 January 1946
United States of America
- Iva Toguri D'Aquino - Guilty, jailed for 6 years. Pardoned 1977-because of perjured testimony. Died 2006
- Velvalee Dickinson - Guilty of Spying for the Japanese. Jailed. Died 1980
- Mildred Gillars - Guilty, jailed, released in 1961. Died 1988
- Tomoya Kawakita - Guilty, sentenced to death, commuted to life imprisonment, pardoned in 1963 and deported to Japan.
- Martin James Monti - Guilty and served time in prison post World War II twice 1946-1947 and from 1948 to 1960. Died 2000
- Ezra Pound - mentally unfit to stand trial. Died 1972
- Robert Henry Best - Guilty, sentenced to life in prison. Died 1952.
|This World War II article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|