List of diplomats of the United Kingdom to Norway
The Ambassador of the United Kingdom to Norway is the United Kingdom's foremost diplomatic representative in Norway, and in charge of the UK's diplomatic mission in Norway. The official title is Her Britannic Majesty's Ambassador to the Kingdom of Norway. Norway and the United Kingdom have exchanged diplomats since Norway became independent, when Sir Arthur Herbert was appointed British Minister to Norway on 27 October 1905.
List of heads of mission
Ministers to Norway
- 1905–1910: Sir Arthur Herbert, G.C.V.O.
- 1911–1923: Sir Mansfeldt Findlay, G.B.E., K.C.M.G.
- 1923–1929: Rt. Hon. Sir Francis Lindley, G.C.M.G., C.B., C.B.E.
- 1929–1934: Sir Charles Wingfield, K.C.M.G.
- 1934–1942: Sir Cecil Dormer, K.C.M.G.
Ambassador to the Norwegian Government in Exile
- 1942–1945: Sir Laurence Collier, K.C.M.G.
Ambassadors to Norway
- 1945–1951: Sir Laurence Collier, K.C.M.G.
- 1951–1955: Sir Michael Wright, G.C.M.G.
- 1955–1960: Sir Peter Scarlett, K.C.M.G., K.C.V.O.
- 1961–1962: Sir John Walker, K.C.M.G.
- 1963–1965: Sir Patrick Hancock, G.C.M.G.
- 1965–1968: Sir Ian Scott, K.C.M.G., K.C.V.O., C.I.E.
- 1968–1972: Frank Brenchley, C.M.G.
- 1972–1975: Ralph Selby, C.M.G.
- 1975–1977: Sir Peter Scott, K.B.E., C.M.G.
- 1978–1980: Sir Archie Lamb, K.B.E., C.M.G., D.F.C.
- 1981–1983: Dame Gillian Brown, D.C.V.O., C.M.G.
- 1983–1987: Sir William Bentley, K.C.M.G.
- 1987–1990: Sir John Robson, K.C.M.G.
- 1990–1994: David Ratford, K.C.M.G., C.V.O.
- 1994–1998: Mark Elliott, C.M.G.
- 1998–2002: Sir Richard Dales, K.C.V.O., C.M.G.
- 2002–2006: Mariot Leslie, C.M.G.
- 2006–2010: David Powell
- 2010–2014: Jane Owen
- 2014–present[update]: Sarah Gillett
- HM Ambassador Sarah Gillett presents credentials to His Majesty King Harald V, British Embassy Oslo, 28 August 2014
- UK and Norway, gov.uk