List of Ambassadors of the United Kingdom to Rwanda
The British Embassy in Kigali opened in 1995. On Rwanda's accession to the Commonwealth in 2009, the Embassy became the British High Commission and the ambassador became the High Commissioner. Currently the High Commissioner to Rwanda is also non-resident Ambassador to Burundi. The High Commission is located in the Kacyiru area of Kigali, immediately opposite the Laico Umubano Hotel.
List of heads of mission
- 1996–1998: Kaye Oliver
- 1998–2001: Graeme Loten
- 2001–2004: Sue Hogwood
- 2004–2008: Jeremy Macadie
- 2008–2009: Nicholas Cannon
- 2009–2011: Nicholas Cannon
- 2011–2014: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones
- 2014–present[update]: William Gelling
- UK and Rwanda, gov.uk
- "Our High Commission". Retrieved 2013-01-08.
- UK and Burundi, gov.uk
- "Previous Ambassadors". Retrieved 2013-01-08.
- House of Commons Hansard Written Answers for 9 Dec 2004 (pt 21)
- "Our High Commissioner". Retrieved 2013-01-08.
- "Change of British High Commissioner to Rwanda". Retrieved 2014-01-15.