List of Angela Anaconda episodes
The following are summaries of Angela Anaconda episodes, not in order of broadcast and not comprehensive (for a complete list of episodes including those without summaries, please see the other episodes listed alphabetically below). The summaries are split by each 11-minute story, which originally aired with another story in a 22-minute block.
- 1 Pet Peeves
- 2 Rat Heroes
- 3 Kar-Lean on Me
- 4 A Bug Responsibility
- 5 Secret Santa (Christmas special)
- 6 To Catch a Thief
- 7 If the Shoe Fits
- 8 Fairweather Friends
- 9 The Substitute
- 10 Brinks of No Return
- 11 The Haunting of Angela Anaconda
- 12 Curse of the Mummy
- 13 Boo Who
- 14 Jiggly Fruit Classic
- 15 The Bird Lady of Tapwater Springs
- 16 No Thanksgiving
- 17 Garbage Swingers
- 18 Who's Sari Now?
- 19 Ancient Greeks
- 20 You're So Vain
- 21 Earhart's Heirloom
- 22 In a Pepper Pickle
- 23 Stuck on You
- 24 Puppy Love
- 25 The Pup Who Would Be King
- 26 Uncle Nicky's Midlife Crisis
- 27 Hooray for Chanukah
- 28 Eating with the Enemy
- 29 Slice of Life
- 30 The Nanette Lock
- 31 Gordy in a Plastic Bubble
- 32 Don't Overdue It
- 33 Brocc-Fest
- 34 Gordy Floats
- 35 Return to Sender
- 36 French Connection
- 37 Pogo-A-Go-Go
- 38 The List
- 39 Everybody Loves Gina
- 40 The Lion, the Witch and the Weasel
- 41 Touched by an Angel-a
- 42 Family Tree
- 43 Snow Mercy
- 44 Ice Breakers
- 45 Goodbye Mrs Brinks (My Fair Brinks)
- 46 The Great Granny Grudge
- 47 Johnny Learns to Swing
- 48 Enter the Angela
- 49 Angela Who?
- 50 All for One
- 51 Turtle Confessions
- 52 Window Pain
- 53 Part Time Jerks
- 54 I Wanna Mold Your Band
- 55 Cabin Fever
- 56 Camp Anaconda
- 57 Pizza Wars
- 58 For the Love of the Game
- 59 Model Behaviour
- 60 Other episodes
- 61 Cultural references
When the schooltrip vote between Nanette's suggestion of "Ballet Russe" or Angela's suggestion of "Monster Truck Rally" becomes a tie, Nanette proposes that they set up fund-raisers so whoever raises the most money gets to go on their suggestion. Angela, Gina, Johnny and Gordy decide that a "pet wash" is the best way to raise money.
The class goes on a trip to the space museum. Angela brings along her dad's space rock which he found in Utah in 1957.
Kar-Lean on Me
After Karlene fails to buy a hat made of real fur, January and Nanette instantly break off their friendship with her. A shocked Karlene then starts constantly leaning on Angela and co. and they invite Karlene into their gang. However, it is unclear whether Karlene is true friends with Angela or not.
A Bug Responsibility
Josephine Praline lends Angela her collection of insects to mind for her. However, Angela may not be capable of such a big responsibility.
Secret Santa (Christmas special)
It's Christmas time at Tapwater Springs and the class are picking Secret Santas. When Angela picks Nanette (much to her chagrin) Angela must decide what to buy for the fussy and ungrateful Nanette: a bottle of perfume/"toilet water" or a toaster for French toast.
To Catch a Thief
Tapwater Springs erupts into uproar after the Manoirs have several of their possessions stolen from them. But is there really a thief stalking the Manoirs or is the thief something as trivial as a dog?
If the Shoe Fits
When Nanette is bedridden with the flu January and Karlene latch onto Angela who is given the job of leader of the spring fling contest and try to bribe her into picking them as her two helpers in order to remain "somebodies" rather than "nobodies".
Angela is worried because she did not come up with a topic for her rain forest project, until Mrs. Brinks falls ill, and is replaced by a substitute teacher named Mrs. Klump. Fortunately for Angela, but unfortunately for Nanette, Ms. Klump is shown to like Angela and dislike Nanette.
Brinks of No Return
Angela is forced to stay at Mrs. Brinks' house when her family fails to pick her up due to a rainstorm. Once inside Mrs. Brinks' house, Angela and Mr. Brinks are punished by Mrs. Brinks while she does nothing, and to make matters worse, Nanette has arrived. Will Angela successfully escape or will she be doomed to stay at Mrs. Brinks' house with Nanette and Mrs. Brinks?
The Haunting of Angela Anaconda
It is Halloween at Tapwater Springs and Angela decides to give Mark and Derek a scare by having Gina Lash dress up as a mad scientist, Gordy Rhinehart as a skeleton and Johnny Abatti as a ghost. When the lights start flickering and strange, howling noises echo through Angela's garage, Angela wonders if her garage is really haunted or if it is just Mark and Derek playing usual tricks.
Curse of the Mummy
Angela is planning on going trick or treating with her friends but can't risk wearing one of her mother's homemade costumes so she orders an "Astro-Nutties" costume in the mail. Will Angela's "Happy Hoppy Bunny" costume be successfully concealed or will the can-canning Nanette expose her true costume?
Jiggly Fruit Classic
The evil Jiggly Fruit mascot Jiggly James announces that Jiggly Fruit will be replaced by "New Jiggly Fruit" which tastes absolutely disgusting. Angela, Gina and even Mrs Brinks go out of their way to protest against New Jiggly Fruit and bring back old Jiggly Fruit, even going so far as to replace Mrs. Brinks' lectures with protest periods and masquerading as the "Jiggly Angels" spoofing Charlie's Angels. Will old Jiggly Fruit be brought back or is Tapwater Springs doomed to the unpleasant taste of New Jiggly Fruit forever?
The Bird Lady of Tapwater Springs
After a dead bird "is brought back from the dead" by Angela, everyone thinks she has "healing powers" and is given a variety of problems to "heal" such as Jimmy Jamal's iguana, Johnny Abatti's eyesight and even Mrs Brinks's artificial hip!
The only problem Angela has with Thanksgiving is the dinner problems. When her family comes down with a "six hour bug" (thanks to Nanette coming to the Anaconda's house and spreading the germs from her own home) it is up to Angela to cook a good Thanksgiving dinner.
Uncle Nicky is doing community service by taking every's garbage. Angela and the others enjoy riding in the truck. But Nanette Manior is determined to spoil their fun.
Who's Sari Now?
Tapwater Springs Elementary School is visited by Prince Abdul Sadin Aballadalidini, the most snobbish prince in the world from Saudi Arabia. He falls in love with Nanette and really gets on Johnny Abatti's nerves!
Nanette writes a "three act Greek tragedy" casting all of the students in roles. Angela hopes to get the part of Hercules, which goes to Gordy Rhinehart and has a variety of other roles, including Medusa, Prometheus and Atlas due to Nanette's displeasure in Angela's acting performance.
You're So Vain
Angela writes a poem about her dog King but when she reads it out to the class, Mrs Brinks thinks that the poem is referring to her. Meanwhile Nanette writes a poem about Marie Antoinette a "French queen" (despite the fact that Marie Antoinette was actually Austrian).
Mrs Brinks promises to show the class her family heirloom - the compass of aviator Amelia Earhart - if they behave for at least 30 days. Just as Mrs Brinks is in the knack of showing them the compass, Angela accidentally ruins the deal by chewing on bubblegum. Angela then formulates a plan to make it up to Mrs Brinks with her birthday.
In a Pepper Pickle
An unscrewed pepper shaker lid prank against Mark and Derek backfires against Angela and she has to go got school with a nose full of itchy pepper. Will she manage to get the pepper out and avoid being found guilty of skipping school as well as people falsely accusing her of "being nosy".
Stuck on You
Angela and Nanette become stuck together by bubblegum by their hair. When Nanette bitterly rejects the idea of having the gum hacked out of her perfectly curled hair, she and Nanette have to put up with being stuck together.
The Pup Who Would Be King
King gives birth to a litter of puppies one of which looks exactly like her, which Angela names King II. However, to Angela's shock, King II gets adopted by Mrs Brinks - and renamed as Princess!
Uncle Nicky's Midlife Crisis
After finding a grey hair on his unnaturally Austin Powers-style hairy chest, Uncle Nicky believes himself to be turning old and goes out of his way to act young, including playing games with Angela and co., invading their treehouse, going to school and even playing with dolls!
Hooray for Chanukah
Uncle Nicky accidentally loses Gina Lash's great-grandmother's manorah in a game of dreidel and Angela, Gina, Johnny and Gordy go on a crusade from place to place to retrieve the manorah in time for the Hanukah party.
Eating with the Enemy
Mr Manoir's interest is piqued when he learns about Bill Anaconda's latest $20-winning invention, the Food Rejuvenator 3000 (which turns dried fruit back into fresh fruit) and offers to invest money into it if it impresses him. Gen and Bill reluctantly invite the Manoirs round for dinner. Will Bill rather have money invested into his invention and have his family end up like the Manoirs or have his invention fail and his family stay as they are?
Slice of Life
Uncle Nicky and Nona decide to make a commercial to attract more people to Abatti's Pizza. Who will be the child actor stars in the new commercial: Angela, Gina, Johnny and Gordy or Nanette, January and Karlene?
The Nanette Lock
Angela accidentally invents a new swinging craze. However, Nanette takes credit for it and names it the "Nanette Lock".
Gordy in a Plastic Bubble
Don't Overdue It
Angela misses her chance to return a copy of "Happy Hoppy Bunny" (which appears to be overdue) to the library and not get fined. Angela tries all attempts to sneak the book back into the library without either Miss Yamagotchi or Nanette (who spends the entire episode balancing a book on her head) noticing.
At the Tapwater Springs broccoli festival Mrs Brinks and Coach Rhinehart are mesmerized at Angela's painting of a broccoli (which was inspired by Baby Lulu's bonnet). Angela then faces the prospect of becoming "Keeper of the Broccoli" when, in fact, she hates broccoli.
The people of Tapwater Springs have to design floats and everyone, except Gordy, is finding this easy.
Return to Sender
The class each get a pen pal (Johnny an Australian person, Gordy a Russian ballerina and Gina a German chocolatier and Angela a French person called "Marie Antoinette"). When Marie Antoinette's letters turn malicious, Angela begins to suspect Nanette is responsible.
The Anacondas get a Parisienne foreign exchange student called CiCi LeCreme who becomes friends with Nanette yet refuses to invite CiCi to her own house (under claims that their house is being fumigated for fleas). Will CiCi move in with Nanette or is Angela doomed with the real-French counterpart of Nanette Manoir for a whole month?
Angela starts practising using a pogostick (something which she is very bad at).
After getting into an ice skating accident, Angela becomes furious when everyone, even her friends, start joking with her because of it. She hides in the toilets and writes a list of jibes about everyone "who annoyed her" on a roll of toilet paper. When Nanette discovers the list, she starts blackmailing Angela into doing chores for her with it.
Everybody Loves Gina
Gina Lash comes to Angela's house for a sleepover. However, things go out of plan when Angela's family starts paying more attention and idolism to Gina rather than Angela herself.
The Lion, the Witch and the Weasel
Touched by an Angel-a
Angela starts getting plagued with bad luck claiming they are all "accidents" despite Josephine Praline's insistence that the jinx is a natural result of not being "touched by an angel" and tries to persuade Angela into being nice to Nanette, despite Josephine herself not finding any good qualities in Nanette.
As a school project, Angela must trace her roots to see if her ancestors were of any significance to Tapwater Springs, even to see if Angela was related to the people who owned Miss Netty, the cow who saved Tapwater Springs from a wildfire on February 11, 1901.
Goodbye Mrs Brinks (My Fair Brinks)
Mrs Brinks reveals that she plans on leaving when the school is visited by Dr Danny Fanny. To make sure Mrs Brinks leaves, Angela, Gina, Johnny and Gordy dress in neat clothes and act good. To make sure Mrs Brinks stays, Nanette, January and Karlene dress up as punks, nickname themselves "Bruiser" (Nanette) "Cheeky" (January) and "Grunt" (Karlene) and act bad.
The Great Granny Grudge
After taking Grandma Lou to Abatti's Pizza, it is revealed that Grandma Lou and Nona Abatti have had a lifelong feud and even go so far as to prevent Angela and Johnny from being friends.
Johnny Learns to Swing
Johnny finds a "hair" on his chest and Uncle Nicky dismisses it as his "first ever Abatti chest hair" and begins pressuring Johnny into manhood.
Enter the Angela
Angela is sick of Mark and Derek forcing her into smelling their dirty laundry and looks to Coach Rhinehart for some martial arts training. After Angela learns to "flip" people even her friends avoid her in fear, thinking she is a bully.
Angela holds many qualities that none of her family members do, causing her to feel alienated from the Anaconda family, so she sets out to find who she really is related to.
All for One
Angela gets paired with Nanette on a nature hike.
The only episode set in a framing device, Angela recalls to Josephine Praline how Gina Lash trusted Angela to look after her pet turtle Sheldon but lost him after feeding him too many carrots and bought a new lookalike turtle to replace him.
The Anacondas apply to pose inside a giant glass cabinet at the local museum to show a "modern day family". It seem to go well, until people begin seeing the family's more embarrassing habits.
Part Time Jerks
I Wanna Mold Your Band
Mr Tastee Twirl hosts a talent contest which the winner will get to ride around in the truck and ring the bell. Angela and Her Band-Aconda compete against Nanette, January and Karlene (or the Ooh La La La Lahs as they call their band) singing in a band.
After dropping out of "Camp Connie" Angela, Gina, Johnny and Gordy stay at the Anaconda's home which they rename as "Camp Anaconda". Camp Anaconda however seems to be even worse, as Angela's brothers won't let them do anything at all.
Uncle Nicky and Nona Abatti have a feud with the people from Sabatto's Pizza, their rival pizzeria.
For the Love of the Game
Jimmy Jamal goes away and trusts Angela to complete his "Slamboy" for him until he returns. However, Nanette takes the batteries, causing Jimmy's saved game to be lost. Can Angela get Jimmy's game back before he returns home?
Split by the name of the first story within each 22-minute episode.
- "About What Bob"/"Pizza Wars"
- "Abra-Abatti"/"Stupid Cupid"
- "All for One"/"Uncle Nicky's Midlife Crisis"
- "Angela Who?"/"Rockabye Abatti"
- "Bathroom Blues"/"Garbage Swingers"
- "Boo-Who?"/"Haunting of Angela Anaconda, The"
- "Brinks of No Return"/"Operation Ringside"
- "Bug Responsibility, A"/"Pogo-A-Go-Go"
- "Cabin Fever"/"Don't Over-Due It"
- "Canine to Five"/"Yellow Book Road"
- "Cheese Under Pressure"/"Troop or Consequences"
- "Childhood for Sale"/"Best Is Yeti to Come, The"
- "Cloak and Dagger"/"Dog Ate It, The"
- "Crazed and Confused"/"Strange Bedfellows"
- "Curse of Baby Lulu, The"/"Funny Photos"
- "Cut to the Chase"/"Dirty Work"
- "Diving Miss Angela"/"Window Pain"
- "Don't Be Caddie"/"Pup Who Would Be King, The"
- "Dr. Ducksworthy"/"Speak No Evil"
- "Earhart's Heirloom"/"Ancient Greeks"
- "Eating with the Enemy"/"Brocc-Fest"
- "Enter the Angela"/"If the Shoe Fits"
- "Everybody Loves Gina"/"Halls of Justice"
- "Fairweather Friends"/"Turtle Confessions"
- "Firm-A-Foam"/"For the Love of the Game"
- "French Connection"/"List, The"
- "Girl with All the Answers, The"/"Good Seats"
- "Gone Fishing"/"100 Yard Lash"
- "Goodbye Mrs Brinks"/"Bird Lady of Tapwater Springs, The"
- "Gordy in a Plastic Bubble"/"Camp Anaconda"
- "Great Granny Grudge, The"/"News at Eleven"
- "Green with Envy?"/"Two Can Play"
- "Ice Breakers"/"You're So Vain"
- "Jiggly Fruit Classic"/"Race Car Race"
- "Jimmy Jamal, Super Beetle"/"I'm with Stupid"
- "Kar-Lean on Me"/"Slice of Life"
- "Labor Pains"/"Cyrano d'Angela"
- "The Lion, the Witch and the Weasel"/"Curse of the Mummy"
- "Mapperson's Daughter"/"Big Ho-Down"
- "Martyrdom of Saint Nanette, The"/"Crossing, The"
- "My Fair Lulu"/"Johnny Doesn't Live Here Anymore"
- "Nanette Lock, The"/"Gordy Floats"
- "No Thanksgiving"/"Family Tree"
- "Nonna's Lib"/"All My Students"
- "Non-Non Fight, The"/"Driving Me Crazy"
- "Oh the Humanatees"/"In a Pepper Pickle"
- "Part Time Jerks"/"Out on a Limb"
- "Pet Peeves"/"Rat Heroes"
- "Pranks for the Memories"/"Space Camp"
- "Return to Sender"/"I Wanna Mold Your Band"
- "Rough Times Tables"/"Works of Art"
- "Saturday Night Gordy"/"Derek's Better Half"
- "Secret Santa"/"Hooray for Chanukah"
- "Snow Day"/"Puck Stops Here, The"
- "Snow Mercy"/"Be-Trayed"
- "Sound of Silence"/"Johnny Learns to Swing"
- "Stuck on You"/"Hard to Swallow"
- "Substitute, The"/"Model Behaviour"
- "Super Mom"/"Skipping Lessons"
- "Surf's Up"/"Dog Gone It"
- "There Goes the Neighborhood"/"Open All Night"
- "Touched by an Angel-a"/"Puppy Love"
- "Vicious Cycle"/"To Catch a Thief"
- "View to a Brinks"/"Injury to Insult"
- "Who's Sari Now?"/"Saving Private Gordy"
- The episode "Everybody Loves Gina" is a parody of Everybody Loves Raymond.
- The episode "I Wanna Mold Your Band" is a parody of the song "I Wanna Hold Your Hand".
- "The Lion, the Witch and the Weasel" is a parody of the C. S. Lewis novel The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
- "All for One" is reminiscent of Alexandre Dumas's The Three Musketeers.
- "Window Pain" represents the stress of the Anacondas spending the entire episode in a glass cabinet of a museum posing as a normal, present-day family. The episode's title is a pun on windowpane.
- In the episode "French Connection" CiCi and Nanette can be heard singing "Alouette", and later sing "Frere Jacques" as they share a croissant.
- In the episode "French Connection" during Angela's imagination sequence, Johnny Abatti cries "Le plane! Le plane!" before falling. This is a reference to the show Fantasy Island.
- In the episode "Gordy in a Plastic Bubble" when an asthmatic allergy-clad person like Gordy stays at home all day due to their allergies, it is said that they are "stuck in a plastic bubble".
- The episode title "Fairweather Friends" is based on the term where certain people will only be friends if they do good deeds to the other (during the episode January and Karlene tried to bribe Angela into picking them for the spring fling contest while Nanette was sick with the flu though they cancelled their "fairweather friendship" when they learned that Candy May had been left in charge of the decorations).
- The episode "Kar-Lean on Me" is a pun on the term "leaning on someone" meaning that someone follows you around in a besotted/obsessed way expecting them to be friends with you (as Karlene did to Angela and co. after Nanette and January fell out with her).
- In the episode "All for One" when it appears that Team Thistle is lost Johnny notices that they left a trail of Nanette's suitcases leading all the way back to the campsite. This trail pays homage to the German fairytale Hansel and Gretel.
- In the episode "The Bird Lady of Tapwater Springs" during Angela's imagination sequence she refers to herself as "Dr Anaconda, Medicine Woman" a parody of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.